Chapter 8

Naruto laid in his and Sasukes bed. Bored, pained and tired. He had barely slept last night with the lack of Sasukes presence.
He couldn't understand why either. Naruto was okay when sleeping in their bed alone before, than again he's always been at the office and those were only a rare few times.

Now he was seven and a half months pregnant with nothing to do and no alpha to keep him company. Naruto sighed again and sat up from the bed.
His arms shook as he pushed himself from the mattress and stood on the wood flooring. Walking to the bathroom, Naruto turned on the taps of the bath.
He stripped from Sasukes shirts and his underwear as the pain washed over his body again. Naruto closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he held his large baby bum.
He tried rubbing out the pain as he held the counter for support. The pain washed over him quickly. And Naruto stepped into the warm water.

As he lowered, a knock came to the door.
"Yes?"
"It's me Naruto."
"You can come in."

Hinata walked in and smiled. She sat on the toilet and crossed her leg over the other.

"How's it going? I heard you were carrying an alpha. I can only guess how hard that is."
"Your support is very appreciated Hinata."
Naruto leaned his head on the coolness of the tub and sunk lower into the water.
"Sasuke asked me to come and see how you were. Apparently your not answering your phone."
"I just woke up."
Hinata stood and walked out of the bathroom. She came back in with Narutos phone in hand and handed it to him.
"Call him. He's worried."
Naruto sighed and took the iPhone.

Scrolling down to Sasukes contact, Naruto pressed the call button and put it on speaker.

"So you finally answer."
Naruto sighed at Sasukes annoyed tone. "I just woke up."
"Even though you kept waking up all through the night? Koneko that's worrying."
"I'm fine Sasuke." Naruto tried to turn the tabs off but Hinata did it for him, seeing his struggle. Naruto thanked her and ran a wet hand through his hair.
"You sound in pain Naruto. Should I just come home?"
"No. No don't do that. I'm perfectly fine."
"I don't want you there alone if your not feeling well."
"I'm feeling just fine. Plus Hinata came to check on me."
The other side was silent for a second before Sasukes voice entered the phone again.
"I'm coming home."
Naruto frowned. "You don't need to. It's just the morning sickness."
"You haven't had morning sickness for a few months Naruto. I'm coming home to check up on you myself."
Naruto sighed. "You'll be behind on work."
"I could give two shits about my stupid paperwork if your not okay. —Haruno cancel my schedule for today.— Have you eaten anything?"
"No. I just woke up Sasuke."
"You need to eat something."
"I'm not hungry."
"Anything you want me to pick up?"
Naruto sighed. "No I'm perfectly fine."
"I'll pick you something up."
"Sasuke I said-"
"Don't argue with me about your eating habits Naruto. We're not going back to your high school crap diets and everything else Kushina made you do."
"But I'm just not hungry."
"Than you can eat what I pick up later."
Naruto sighed but didn't see a point in fighting any further. Sasuke'll still pick up food and Naruto would have fought with him over the phone for nothing.

Naruto felt another wave of pain and held his baby bum. Closing his eyes at the pain, Naruto tried to keep his breathing even.
The pain was excruciating from when it was three in the morning. If something was wrong with him, it had to be with the baby. It was only his abdomen hurting and that's where his uterus was located.

Hinata took the phone from Naruto and looked at him concerned.

"Are you alright?"
"I'm fine."
"You look in pain."
"I just slept wrong." Naruto excused. "But I'm really not hungry." He mumbled.
"Well even if you throw up the food, it's good you had something in your system."
Naruto struggled to stand up and Hinata wrapped the towel around him. He breathed deeply, trying to keep his breaths even as he climbed out of the tub. Hinata pulled the plug for him and followed Naruto into the bedroom.