Chapter 12

The next day it was visibly noticeable how much better Sasukes mood was. He didn't yell at anyone all day and had the dorkiest grin on his face.
It was as if Christmas had come early for the man. Most of his employees were weirded out by it, never having seen an Uchiha smile... than again they've never met Itachi and Mikoto.

When Sasuke got home, Naruto was just walking down the stairs from putting the twins in bed. He smiled and hugged the alpha.

"How was your day at work?"
"Alright. Everyone seemed a bit off though."
Naruto giggled and kissed him. "Dinners almost ready if you want to go change into something more comfortable."
"Alright."
Naruto smiled and tried to walk to the kitchen but Sasuke grabbed his waist and pulled him toward him. He kissed the omega, startling him for a good moment.
Naruto blushed as Sasuke pulled away.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm more than okay Koneko."

•6 weeks later•

It was as if deja vu had hit all over again.
Sasuke was in the bathroom finishing buttoning his tie with the bathroom door open to have a full view on the four month olds who were on a blanket on the floor on their tummy's.
What Sasuke hadn't expected after looking away from his children, was Naruto running in and just making it to the toilet before vomiting.
Like the good mate he is, Sasuke knelt and rubbed Narutos back as he held the toilet seat up so it didn't hit Narutos head.

The omega held onto the toilet rim, clenching it as the burning sensation kept clawing up his throat. He sat up when he was done and Sasuke went to ask if he was okay but Naruto quickly bent over again.

When Naruto was done the second time, he leaned back on Sasukes chest as he ripped some toilet paper and rubbed it over Narutos lips to get any extra bile.
The alpha ran his fingers through Narutos hair as he flushed the bile and toilet paper.

"Are you alright koneko?"
Naruto nodded. He closed his eyes as his breath evened out. Sasuke turned his face toward him, concern lacing his features as he checked Narutos temperature and looked over his body.
"Your warm. Are you sick?"
"I shouldn't be. I haven't been in contact with anything that would make me sick." Naruto held his throat at the burning dryness.
Sasuke stood and left to get a glass of water.

When he returned Naruto was leaning against the sink counter with his arms crossed over his chest. Sasuke frowned and pulled Naruto into him.

"Are you sure your not sick?"
"I said I shouldn't be Sasuke." Naruto sneezed before he could take the water.
Sasuke sighed. "I'll call in."
Naruto quickly shook his head and took the water.
"Don't do that."
"Well you can't exactly be around the children if your sick Naruto. We wouldn't want them to catch anything."
Naruto frowned.
"I swear I'm not sick. I felt perfectly fine yesterday."
"Remember the last time you were sick? You were fine one day and woke up sneezing and shivering the next."
Naruto shook his head and took a sip of the water. "I'm fine."
"Your not fine."
"Your not missing work just because I threw up... and sneezing is a natural thing."
Sasuke sighed. Why'd Naruto always have to put up a fight? "It's either me staying home or you three coming to work with me."
"We'll just bother you."
"You three will never bother me."

Sasuke stood, took the water and pulled Naruto to his feet. He held Naruto still as the omega got his balance back from the sudden head rush.

"Get dress... in something less revealing. I'll get those two ready to go."
Naruto frowned. "Sasuke-"
"Naruto don't argue with me. Your well being is more important to me than my work and I'd stay home if you weren't so damn stubborn."
Naruto smiled, lowering his head before nodding. "...okay."

Sasuke put Sana and Daiki in the car before taking the baby bag from Naruto and putting it between the two car seats.

"I can do some things Sasuke."
"Not sick you aren't."
"I'm not sick!"
"Throwing up says otherwise... or are you pregnant again?"
Narutos eyes widened at Sasukes accusation.
"How would I even be pregnant?!"
"Well we have had sex for the last month."
Naruto covered his red face in embarrassment. "That doesn't mean I would be pregnant." He breathed.
"Some may think otherwise."
Naruto rolled his eyes as Sasuke opened his door. He reluctantly got in and waited for Sasuke to get in the drivers side before becoming sassy with him.
"Getting pregnant with two four month olds would be very irresponsible. I'm not irresponsible."
Sasuke sighed as he started the engine and backed out of the driveway.
"You also can't time when those things happen koneko."
"So you wouldn't freak out if I got pregnant and we have three babies to raise?" Naruto lifted three of his fingers. "Your telling me you wouldn't think that's a lot of babies."
Sasuke grabbed Narutos hand and kissed the back of it.
"I think if you got pregnant than I'd hope this baby wouldn't be a twin."
"Your just setting us up for a child."
Naruto covered his face as he sneezed. Sasuke gave him a side look.
"Oh shut up."
Naruto curled into himself in the passenger seat and Sasuke shook his head. He put his hand on Narutos thigh but the omega didn't do anything to slap it away.

That was a good sign at least.

The employees stared as Sasuke walked through the hall with two car seats (having forgotten the stroller) and Naruto walking behind him. Looking solemn and carrying the baby bag.

"Good morning Sasuke-ku-" Sakuras good mood flattened when she saw Naruto walk in behind her boss/crush/imaginary lover.
"Haruno get me those files you were supposed to categorize."
Sakura nodded, her glaring eyes trained on Naruto. He ignored her, not in the mood for any of the pink beta bitches shit when his asshole alpha mate was overreacting over a few sneezes.

Sasuke shut the door with his foot and looked down at Naruto who was still pouting with crossed arms. He sighed and sat the twins down before pulling Naruto into him.
The omega refused to look at him.

"Koneko you can't be mad at me forever. I only want you and the twins safe. You understand that, I know you do."
"The twins and I are perfectly fine. We don't need an alpha acting as if he knows better."
Sasuke looked at Naruto stunned. It was rare for Naruto to ever give him attitude, and if Sana and Daiki weren't in the office with them, he'd have the omega on the couch all defenseless and whiny.
"Naruto what is with this attitude? Your not on heat are you?"
Naruto blushed. "You don't ask such questions!"
"I only want to know what's making my usually kind, adorable mate so feisty this morning."
"Your what's making me like this. With you bossing me around and thinking I'm sick when I'm not just because of a few sneezes—"
"You also threw up."
"Don't interrupt me!"