who willingly runs?

Start from the beginning

"Hi"

"Is this one of your jokes?"

"I'm afraid not"

"Madelyn said this is best, we ruin lives and I understand that but she just feels guilty and I'm hoping she'll change her mind soon"

"About what?"

"Nothing, I'm sorry Sam. I never should've let you drive I was stupid and you were so scared I should've known better"

"It's okay. Are you Evelyn?"

"You remember me?"

"No the other woman mentioned an Evelyn and I just assumed. I'm sorry"

"Madelyn said I should say goodbye"

"Am I dying?"

"I hope not. I hate that I have to do this, you seen the better in us but we ruin everything. You're in this mess because of us so maybe it's best that we say goodbye. Sam"

"Evelyn"

"I'm sure as hell going to miss you"

"What happened wasn't your fault"

"It was and I'll accept that fact and I will for the rest of my life and each day that I have to see those empty rooms"

"Empty rooms? Madelyn said I had my own house"

"You do"

"Okay?"

"Goodbye Sam"

"Bye"

She walked over to me hugging me before leaving.

When the next person showed up I was thinking I was famous "mom!"

"Watch it"

"What?"

"Oh right. Brain injury and memory loss, I wonder how much memory you lost"

"I'm not sure"

"I wasn't asking. I just stopped by to tell you that I'm take Thomas back with me, you're no longer allowed a child under your care like this so the courts are making me take him back so thanks"

"I'm sorry?"

"I'd advise against getting smart with me Samantha"

"My mom calls me Samantha and it makes me feel like I'm about to be hit"

"She hits you?"

"Sorry" I told her.

"I need the address to the mansion so I can get him"

"The mansion?"

"Give me your phone" she said rolling her eyes and found a bag pulling out my phone and dialing a number and walking out.

I waited for her to come back but she never did. Did she keep my phone?

I was alone in the hospital for the next week and I had found out I was asleep for a few weeks and I got my stitches out today and now I'm being sent home but I don't even know where home is.

I walked out of the hospital in clothes that was given to me and I didn't know where to go but I seen the woman from my first day here, Madelyn I believe. She was leaning against a car smoking a cigarette.

"You know those things are bad for you right?" I asked.

She took another hit then crushed it under her shoe. That's a nice pair of shoes. "So you've said. Come on I'm giving you a ride home. Your mother took Thomas"

"I'm sorry"

"Why are you sorry?"

I shrugged and she opened the door then walked to the other side getting into the car and I went and sat in the passenger seat.

I seen a pack of mints and opened them taking one for myself and hiding it open to her. She took one and put the container back and I buckled up and she began the drive "we cleared out the baby room and the others. Only you're room is there now"

"Why?"

"If you need anything you know how to reach me"

I was about to tell her that I didn't but she looked upset so I dropped it. I know 911 if I needed anybody.

"I've been trying to call you"

"I don't have my phone"

"I figured"

We stayed quiet for a while. I tried turning the radio on but she turned it off so we sat in silence until she pulled into a driveway at a beautiful house in the country.

"This is you. Here's your keys" she handed me an envelope and I didn't know what to say and she didn't look to happy so I just got out and as soon as I shut the door she drove off.

She's a weird one.

I walked up the porch and looked around. This place looks like it haven't been touched in a while.

I unlocked the door with the keys I found inside the envelope and went inside. There were typical decorations but that's it. Nothing that screamed what type of person I was.

I looked through all the cabinets in the kitchen that were stocked and threw the fridge before going upstairs and looking in the rooms and one seemed to be an office but it was completely cleared out. The next room was completely empty, this must be the room that belonged to the baby, what was his name? Thomas? I think that's what it was. The next room was a basic room with a poster of a familiar looking woman dressed as Jesus... Scarlett Johansson! I know her. is this my room? I went to the next and the whole room was alined with shelves of books and I found myself smiling. I liked books, that's cool.

I walked back to the bedroom and laid down but felt like something was missing, something warm maybe. Something comforting. Something important. Was it a person? No I live alone, Madelyn said so herself.

I really do feel like I was missing something.

I went to bed that night after rolling around hoping to find whatever it was that was missing which was weird because this happened when I was in the hospital but I just thought maybe it was because of where I was but now that I'm here I feel like I need it more to comfort me.

What could it be?
_____

I felt more tired when I woke up then I did when I went to sleep and since I don't have a job or responsibilities I just went back to sleep and when I woke up around two in the afternoon I had decided to go on a run to try and feel like myself again.

I don't think I continued running after a while in my life because I got a short distance and and got winded and had to pause because of my head.

I found the nearest gas station and bought a energy drink and a couple little things and when I seen the pack of cigarettes the memory of last night in the car with Madelyn when she was smoking but my Brian had mixed it up and put her in a different outfit and different car.

"Can I get those?" I asked pointing to the pack and the man nodded and I had to show my I.D I even bought a lighter.

I thanked the man and paid before leaving and heading back to the place that I was supposed to call home but I just don't feel like that's home. Maybe I have a home somewhere else maybe my home is someone else that I don't know of.

I started my run home and a flash of a picture of me upside down and seeing a photo on a phone of me smiling at something unaware that someone was taking a photo.

I continued to run trying to ignore the memory. Maybe the person who took that is who I'm missing. Who took it? You don't just smile at anybody like that.

Who is my home and where are they?