You Can Stay Prompt - Castiel

Your eyes fluttered open & the outside world slowly started to come into focus. When it did you quickly realized there was someone laying in front of you. You slowly sat up & noticed how it was Cas who was next to you. Then the memories of last night slowly came drifting back to you. You had been sleeping but had woken up in a cold sweat. Out of concern, Cas had heard what sounded like screaming coming from your room & had knocked on your door to check on you. Your nightmare had been a little hazy & you couldn't really remember what had happened. But you didn't wanna be alone for the rest of the night & Cas had always made you feel comfortable & relaxed so you shyly asked him if he'd stay with you. To which his response was of course. You watched as he slowly started to move & as if feeling you watching him he turned & locked eyes with you. He sat up next to you & asked how you were feeling. To be honest you couldn't remember the last time you'd felt this relaxed. Hearing that a smile graced his features & you watched as he slung his legs over the side of your bed, but reaching out you stopped him. “You can stay as long as you want.” You reassured him. He placed his hand on top of yours & replied with "I know, I just figured I'd go make us, well you some breakfast. Since I know you're probably hungry." He finished while gently rubbing the back of your hand. You were quick to lean in & press a kiss to his cheek. While pulling away you said, "Thank you for staying last night, since I don't think I would've been able to go back to sleep had you not stayed with me." "Of course, you know I'd do anything for you Y/N." Came his response as he stood up & made his way from your room to the kitchen. You weren't that far behind him mainly because you didn't wanna miss the opportunity to watch him cook or wrap your arms around him while he cooked.