Chapter 58 - Well Fed

Start from the beginning

Then there was Seth, despite the obvious pain he was in, the most prominent feeling I got from him was guilt, love, sadness, worry. But mostly guilt. He did his best to get up on all fours, picking up his left front paw every now and again as he stared at me, eyes filled with worry. I looked to Jacob who was huffing and staring away. Looking around, no one could look me in the eye.

"What the hell is going on?" I grit out, teeth clenched. I saw someone go inside the house from the corner of my eye. Moments later, I saw it was Quil who cautiously approached, tossing clothes onto the floor between Seth and Jacob.

"Get changed guys." All the time knowing Quil, I'd never heard him look or sound so serious. "Jacob, you know he can't help it." I heard Jacob growl lowly at Quil's words, not looking at him, but at the ground by my feet. I looked at them both quizzically.

"Help what, Quil?" He didn't stop from staring at Jacob, his gaze intense. Jacob shuffled and huffed, moving to grab some clothes in his maws before rushing into the trees. Seth's whimpers diverted my attention from the stoic Quil. He slowly, painstakingly slowly, limped his way to the other pair of shorts. Once in his teeth he looked me in the eyes, head hung low as he whimpered. "Seth?" He went to look away and slowly walk towards the backhouse that Sam and Emily used for storage. Probably not risking shifting back near Jacob, judging by his wounds. "I'm okay, now." I mumbled to Sam.

"Careful." he said, helping me stand upright. Sighing, I stretched my back, hand still over my stomach. I smiled at Sam, thankful for his kindness given our apprehensions towards one another.

"I'm okay." I reassured. I looked to Quil who just sighed, shook his head and proceeded to walk towards the others with his hands in his pockets. I ignored it for now, opting to walk to the two teens holding my babies. I smiled at them. "Thanks guys, but I can take it from here." They nodded their heads, each one ready to hand over my babies to me. I took the one closest to me, baby Logan, and then was handed baby Aria. I heard a chuckle to my right, Billy.

"You looked much too little holding them both." I heard a couple light chuckles follow. I just smiled at him briefly. I was too enthralled looking at my little ones. "They have yet to feed, you know?" That's what I was worried about. Nessie didn't drink milk at birth. No, she bit Bella in search of blood. "Might be helpful to have an extra pair of hands. Want one of the girls to hold them while you feed them back in the room?" she asked me. I looked at him, spotting Jacob making his way from the woods finally, I could see blood on his bicep, but thankfully no actual injury. I assumed it already healed. I turned back to Billy, giving a thankful smile, or tried to, before smiling at Emily in question who nodded. "Okay, sweety."

"I got him," I heard Leah suddenly say behind me. I was shocked she had come over, given that I was certain she would wait on Seth. "They're beautiful, Violet." I smiled to her, thankful.

"Thank you." I whispered, still fawning over them both. Reluctantly, I handed Logan over to her and he began to fuss. "Shh, shh, shh. Just for a bit, sweety." I cooed.

"I can take her, too. In case you need help going up the stairs?" Leah said after she was able to hold onto my boy comfortably. I was still a little wobbly, so it probably would be safer. I still doubted my control over my powers in my current state. I nodded my head to her, minding Logan's head as I passed him over to Leah's open arm.

"Come on, sweety. I'll help you upstairs." Once back in the room, Emily quickly stopped me from sitting. "Let me get rid of these sheets, love. I grimaced at the sight.

"Emily," I sighed. "I'm so sorry for the mess I've made of this place. I'll be sure to compensate for it all." I felt my cheeks get warm in embarrassment.