66. They'll All Pay

"I know we're all so exhausted

"I know we're all so exhausted. It's been 7 months of us constantly trying to find them and within that time a lot of us put off mourning our fallen men & women. But that ends today, today we're going to get Konsy and Katerina. We're going to bring them home so we can properly say goodbye to our family members. Everyone knows the plan and remember if you see my father, I prefer you leave the killing to me and detain him. But don't hesitate to end the life of the sick bastard."

Standing up straight in my passenger seat of our bullet proof car, I take a deep breath before ending my speech. "Everyone understand?"

"Yes don," was echoed through my earpiece from the hundred men & women who will be ambushing the warehouse we believe houses Katerina.

Coming up with the plan was hard, we only had old blueprints of the warehouse. And if they had made any changes? We don't know. How many guards are in there? We don't know. Are they being kept in the basement? We don't know. Is Konsy even in there? We don't know.

We quite literally could be marching into our death.

This is a mission that in the past, I would skip letting whoever they have stay there and rot to death.

Why risk the deaths of dozens of my people for one foolish person who got caught? The answer is you don't. But that was the old Enzo, chopped up soul Enzo, set on his goals Enzo, the bad mood Enzo, the bk (before Katerina) Enzo.

But Enzo ak (after Katerina) understands the importance of loyalty. Almost all the members of the Russian mafia, and my closest group of Italians have been fuming at the mouth ready to rescue their leaders.

We know the risks, they know we're going in completely blind, possibly outnumbered. But we all have a fire underneath our asses, and that's enough for us to believe that we'll win this.

My father said I have to do something big to prove that I deserve to be don? Well killing the sitting don after freeing his captives will do the job just fine.

"Everyone ready?" I commanded into my earpiece, waiting a few minutes for the team leaders to check with their people. I got back 15 individual "yes don."

Looking behind me I make eye contact with Vald Inavov who's been ready for this from the moment he saw the file. Giving me a quick nod as he starts taking the safety off his gun I don't miss the murderous look on his face.

Big daddy mode activated.

Shifting my eyesight to Matteo I notice the hesitation in his face, "you good?" Before answering me, he looks into the rearview mirror sharing a quick exchange with Lucca. Before the hesitation passes his face and his replaced with a look of determination.

"Yes, I'm ready to do what I was born to do, and to protect you & our legacy."

Turning around Lucca says, "you don't even have to ask, you know I'm ready to give it my all for the mafia, no matter what."