Chapter 57 - Welcome

Start from the beginning

"I'm scared." I felt my eyes get misty as I pushed back the hairs that stuck to her forehead.

"I know, baby. But it'll be okay. I promise." I was partially convincing myself, but wanted to believe that things really would be okay. I wouldn't survive anything else, truthfully.

"Jacob, Violet, sweetheart, can you tell me what Carlisle has discussed with you?" Violet and I shared a look, nodding.

"He, he thought, or he hoped, I'd be able to do things naturally, but..." she strained to speak.

"But he was prepared in case she couldn't." I finished for her and Sue nodded.

"Billy had mentioned something you told him before, you said Violet was born naturally, but that your brother," she pointed to Vie, "his child wasn't, right?" we both nodded at her question.

"She was delivered via C-section." if you could call it that, I thought as Violet answered Sue.

"Okay, let's take a look and see how dilated you are, honey." I saw Sue shoot a look behind her to Sam who cleared his throat and walked away, hand held out to Emily. Sue looked to Emily and Emily nodded to her to go. "Emily, might be best to keep the amount of humans here to a minimum, can you call Leah up here? And tell Seth to go to the house and get my kit in the closet of my room? Sam, someone needs to go get Billy. The man damn near passed out when Leah showed up hauling me away." They both nodded at her directions before disappearing.

"Thank you, Sue." I heard my imprint say, I squeezed her hand before nodding to Sue as well.

"Yeah, thanks Sue."

"No problem, sweethearts. Now let's get these off." thankfully, Violet had on a dress, apparently made things easier. I saw Violet's face pinch in discomfort before relaxing somewhat and sighing.

"Well... they definitely want to come out." Sue sighed and we looked to her. "Okay, let me get a feel for where they are. This is going to feel uncomfortable, okay?" Again, I saw Vie's face contort as Sue prodded at her belly with her hands. After a while she stopped and Vie's face relaxed for a second before she groaned again, her hand tightening more so over my own for a second.

"Think you can do this, Sue?" I hesitated to ask.

"Am I qualified to help a vampire, shapeshifter baby? No." My face fell and I heard Violet whimper. "But I might be qualified to help two wonder twins come into the world." she smiled hopefully at us and I heard Violet sniffle. "Thankfully, one of them is in the right position from what I can feel. You're not fully dilated yet, though. We will wait some more and I'll check to regularly to see where we're at." She smiled at us both. "I'm going to see what Emily has that we might need. I'd advise walking a bit, honey. Jacob, don't leave her side." she pointed at me and I was quick to nod my head vigorously. I quickly helped her up slowly, going at her pace.

"I don't think," she stopped to suck in air through her teeth. "No, I know, that I haven't felt anything quite this painful. I wouldn't expect anymore kids after this, babe." she joked and I chuckled, kissing her cheek.

"I'll be happy with our family of four, no worries there, baby." she chuckled to and she began to walk.

"I'm scared for them, Jacob. I," she paused, looking fearful. "I can feel my powers spiraling. I can feel everyone's emotions, hear thoughts. It's all so... loud." I was worried at that. "I feel like a balloon filling up with air and I'm afraid I'm going to pop and hurt someone..." She stopped speaking, looking out the window.

"What's wrong?" I tried to see what she was looking at and could only spot the guys and her friend from afar. "She thinks it'd be good to keep Chloe nearby.... blood control." I scoffed.