/79/

~~*~~
Harry Styles

Throughout my time knowing Molly Pierce, there's a lot of little things about her that I've managed to pick up on.

Like, when she reads, she occasionally zones out and has to reread the page again. Or sometimes, subconsciously or not, she dresses to fit her mood. The happier she is, the more vibrant the colors are. I could list details like these for hours, but there's one thing about her that I don't think anyone else knows.

She loves hideouts.

Whether it's a literal hideout, like the dock. Or a metaphorical one, like me. She loves the fact that she has somewhere she feels safe. It's an escape outlet. When situations get really tense, it's what calms her down.

After Brooks' funeral, she disappeared. It was understandable, though. A lot of things are changing really fast for her. She lost her brother, her parents are starting to fix their relationship, and she no longer has to worry about hiding my identity. She's grown, though, so I know that she's capable of getting through it. But some things just never change. While everyone was looking for her, I determined the exact location.

Molly ran off to the dock.

I climb out of my car, and start to make my way through the grass patch. The first time this happened, I was in my father's coat, exhausted, and nameless. Now I'm in a suit, I have a pretty good sense of direction, and my name is no longer my biggest problem. I feel like a mix of my old-self and my present-self, and I'm glad that I've finally reached such stability. I've never been more happy with who I am.

I spot her, laying down and facing the sky. Her hands are resting on her stomach, and her hair is sprawled all over the place. She's been doing pretty well these last couple of days. We've been trying to go out and distract ourselves, but considering today was Brooks' funeral, she might understandably be a little more heartbroken.

I step down onto the dock, but she doesn't move. Maybe it's a good thing that we have to stay in Kouver for a couple more months. It means we can come down here more often.

This place has been good to us.

"Your parents invited me to lunch," I shove my hands in my pockets, slowly approaching her. I'm not going to bring up her disappearance from the funeral. It'll only add to her worry. "I didn't know they liked me."

I hover over her. Her eyes are closed, but a smile grows on her lips, "Me either, but I'm glad they do."

So am I.

Gently, I lower myself down onto the old wood. I sit down, resting my hand behind me to prop myself up. I look out onto the lake ahead. In comparison to our last visit, it's been nicely trimmed now. Someone must've given it a makeover. The grass seems a little dry, given the heat, but nonetheless green. The water looks pretty too.

"Are you okay?" I look down at her. The funeral was pretty tough, for me included. A lot of people went around, sharing stories about Brooks. There were some laughs, but a lot more tears. He didn't deserve to die, and everyone in that room knew that.

I think the speeches made Molly realize how much she was going to miss him, and that's why she ran off after it finished.

The sun beats off of her face, giving her skin a fresh glow. Finally, her eyes open, "No, but I know that I will be."