/42/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

This is the first time I think I'm seeing Niall's and his family's house in person. It's a strange feeling, considering three years ago they were all living on my side of town, but nonetheless, I walk further. It's a neat home with only one story. Its exterior is washed in bricks and the pathway leading up to the home is framed by planted flowers- a decoration that I assume to be added by his mother.

I don't think Niall's parents are home, considering it's a weekday afternoon and most adults are still working for a couple more hours. I picked Brooks up from school and drove him straight here to see Sean as promised.

To my knowledge, I'm just dropping him off. I'll probably leave, grab some food, and come back to pick him up.

"You're planning on leaving, right?" Brooks asks as we get out of the car.

"Yeah, I don't really feel like third-wheeling two fifteen-year-olds, so I'm just going to grab something to eat and come back," I repeat my thoughts. "His parents may get off work soon, so you can't stay for more than two hours, alright?"

He squints his eyes, "Are you sure that you don't want to stay?"

We reach the front door and I knock twice, "I'm positive. I'll just step in, say hello to Sean, and leave. Oh, and please don't leave the house without asking me first. There's no telling who might recognize you over here."

Maybe I'm hypocritical, but that's the perks of being an older sister, I get a free pass.

"And you're sure you don't want to stay?" He repeats, this time with a forming grin.

"No, Brooks, why would I want to st-" I turn my head to the opening front door and instead of being greeted by Sean, I'm instead met with Hot Shot's tall figure.

I backhand Brooks' side and narrow my eyebrows at him. Clearly, he set this all up.

"Oh, hey," I play it off, squinting my eyes in embarrassment.

"Snitch," Hot Shot teases before pulling the door wider and inviting us in.

I turn to face Brooks, "You told him that I told you!?"

"How else was I supposed to get him here?" Brooks shrugs. "Clearly, he's not mad."

"How'd you even contact him?" I widen my eyes.

"I asked Sean for his contact information, it wasn't that hard," Brooks reenacts. "I rang him, he answered, and it worked out just fine. My lips are sealed, I promise."

"He's right," Hot Shot agrees, "It was a humbling experience. Having a fifteen-year-old call me and tell me he knew 'all of my secrets' scared the shit out of me."

"Brooks!" I nudge his side again after hearing Hot Shot's words.

"I'm not sorry!" He grits his teeth.

"Sean's in the other room and doesn't know a thing about this, so keep your voices down," H warns.

I continue to glare at Brooks, mainly because I wanted to be the one to tell H, but deep down I'm a little relieved that he isn't angry.

"Did you tell him about you and Sean, too?" I whisper to Brooks.

"Sean did. I told him he could," Brooks nods.

"Before Niall?" I frown.

"He's planning on telling Niall soon, but I think he's just scared," we keep walking through the home. "It's a hard thing to do. Sometimes it's easier telling people you're close friends with, rather than actual family."