/77/

as we near the end, i advise you to please read everything. it'll clear up all of the missing pieces, and give you the ending you're looking for :)

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

What happened to Brooks is the reason for Eric's arrest.

I should be happy, I should be celebrating the fact that I'm a free man. But I can't. Brooks was the one who had to pay, and knowing that makes a celebration seem worthless.

According to the doctors, the cause of his death was an overdose. It happened an hour before the news reached his parents. With all of the rumors floating around, the hospital decided to get in contact with the police, and let them know what happened first. Even if that motivated the police to arrest Eric, it was still wrong of the hospital to do. The first people that should've known about Brooks was his family, especially not hours later.

I had to carry Molly to the car. She had collapsed in the driveway of her home, shattered her phone, and drowned herself in a puddle of tears. I was crying too. I could barely see her through my blurred vision, but the sound of her agony was enough to let me know that she couldn't move. She didn't want to move. I had to hook my hands underneath her arms, force her to her feet, and carry her over to the back seat.

I drove with one hand the entire way over, using my left to wipe my tears.

When Molly and I got to the hospital, it felt like the entire room had been crushed. The number of people in the hospital lobby had decreased, but the pain only went up. My heartbeat felt louder than my footsteps. It still does. I don't want to accept it. I couldn't accept it when I first walked in, and I still can't now.

I don't think I ever will. I can't even bring myself to say what happened to Brooks, because I don't want to let the realization settle. It's too soon.

Everyone looks torn apart.

Molly's parents are in each other's arms in the middle of the floor. They've been like this for half an hour, since the news was broken to them. They were the ones that found out first, and it clearly is taking a toll on them. Sakura is sitting down in one of the chairs alone, wiping underneath her eyes. She never really knew Brooks, but clearly the atmosphere has affected her.

Zayn's across from her, his hands covering his face. He hasn't moved in a while.

Sean is in Niall's arms, crying into his shirt. I'm assuming he told him about their relationship. I've never seen Niall look so alarmed and broken in his life.

Having something like this happen, and having to experience all of the pain that comes along with it, is terrifying. I can't feel my hands, or my face. There's even moments where I keep forgetting that Molly's in my arms crying too.

We're sitting on the floor, she's in my lap, crying into my neck. All I want is for her to feel better, and for him to be okay. But so far neither of those options have presented themselves to me.

I've experienced it before. This type of pain and grief. Though, somehow it feels worse when I have to watch everyone else go through it too.

"Just breathe, baby. Breathe," I whisper in Molly's ear. I bite back my tears, trying to calm her instead. She doesn't hear me, and she continues to weep. I debate on just letting her cry, but she sounds like she can't breathe at all. Slowly, I pull her face off of my shoulder. I gently press my palms on either side of her face, holding her out in front of me. "Molly," I murmur her name, stroking away the tears from under her eyes. "Breathe."

Her face is red and the pain in her eyes hits me harder than I expected. Luckily, she listens to me. Very shakily, she attempts to take a deep breath. I keep my eyes on her, blindly combing her hair strands out of her face. I take the hair-tie from her wrist, using it to pull her hair back. She feels hot with worry, like she's sick. Maybe she is sick.