/58/

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

Sleeping in is something that I find to have both its benefits and disadvantages. On one hand, I'm relaxed. I have the opportunity to excuse my laziness and pretend for at least another thirty minutes that I'm asleep. However, on the other hand, I may forget that I am supposed to be awake for when Niall comes over.

I jump up from my bed in a panic, quickly throwing on a shirt from my drawer.

This morning I completely forgot that Niall is coming over. At the bar last night, he agreed to meet me today after I mentioned that I had something important to tell him. The plan is to tell him about me and Molly. Granted, with Zayn lurking around, I don't know how much I can say without embarrassing myself, but hopefully I can get through it.

I rush out of my room, Taz following closely behind me.

"Hey," I call out in a rush, looking for Zayn. I have no clue what time it is, and I'm worried that Niall might've already found him sleeping on my couch, "Did you end up moving your motorcy-"

"Moving my what?" Niall's voice replies from my kitchen.

Fuck, he's already here.

The second I adjust my eyes, they dart over to the couch. It's empty, but it's very obvious that it has been used. I turn my head back and notice that my bathroom door is locked, the light inside of it on. Zayn was clearly a lot more prepared for Niall's arrival than I was. He must've seen him pull up and decided to hide.

Niall's leaned back against the edge of my kitchen counter, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Nothing," I shake my head. "How long have you been here?"

"Not long," he observes me, "Looks like you just woke up, though."

I run my hand through my hair, trying to fix the messy strands after his comment.

We stand in silence for a moment before he adds, "Well, what is it that you wanted me here for? I've got to pick up Sean in about an hour, so I don't have much time."

I need to tell him about Molly and I.

Though, this would've been a whole lot easier to say to him last night before I met Zayn. I hate that he had to run off like some idiot and 'process' the fact that Sakura kissed him. As a matter of fact, judging by his mood, I don't think he's even done processing.

I hesitate for a couple of seconds, starting and stopping sentences, trying to find the right words to describe what I'm about to say. He watches in boredom as I struggle to finish even a full word. I don't know how to tell him without it sounding weird.

"Well- Uh... remember the dinner?" I finally find the right way to start my sentence, trying to act casual.

"The one that we literally had yesterday?" He raises his eyebrow at my behavior.

"Yeah, well..." I trail off, "Remember how you thought we were all actin' weird? There was a reason for that."

This is probably the most embarrassment I've felt in a while. Zayn can probably hear me from the bathroom.

"Oh! I know what this is about!" He widens his eyes dramatically, forcing a smile on his lips.

"No, Ni, I don't think you do," I shake my head, doubting him. Judging by his tone, he probably thinks that this is about something stupid.

"Really?" He tests. Suddenly he pulls two items from behind his back. I do a double take on each of them. In his left hand, he holds Molly's hair dye and in the other he holds our photobooth photos, "'Cause I'm pretty sure I do."