/29/

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

"Y'know, Niall, one of the most comforting things in my mind is knowing that you'd do anything for me," I shoot him a stupid grin.

"Are you sure that isn't just a loose term, H?" he replies, following me as we walk down the sidewalk.

We just got off for our lunch break at Lethal's and since Sakura's busy helping Molly on a car, I decided to finally eat a decent meal today. Granted, Niall and I aren't going directly to eat. I have another plan in mind before we even think about entering a cafe, but I still have to share my idea with him before it can be executed.

"No, a loose term would be me saying that you're bad at playing pool," I elaborate. "You are pretty bad at it, but you're not always bad... so I can use that loosely. Me saying that you'd do anything for me isn't a loose term, 'cause you know it's true... you would."

"Okay, enough with the lecture," he cuts the bullshit. "What do you want?"

"A lot of things, Ni," I nudge his left shoulder, continuing to walk. "But say hypothetically, I needed you to go into that old pawn shop across the street with me," I point towards the small building in the distance, making a face at its ugly exterior, "I'd distract the cashier, while you sneak around the back, grab one of the jewelry bins, and run out."

"Didn't you get caught stealing from there one time already?" He stops in his tracks, pausing to stare at the distant structure.

"I wouldn't call it stealing," I grit my teeth, toying with my fingers. "It's more like repurposing... or borrowing... using my resources, even."

"We'll see how that holds up when you're arrested," he lets out a laugh, calling out my stupidity. "You'll get convicted of a felony. An entire bin of jewelry probably costs more than you can afford."

"Yeah, that's literally the reason why I'm stealing it," I back my way across the road.

"What is it even for?" He follows me as we near the pawn shop.

"I told you... I'm repurposing it," I proudly huff as we near the vacant parking lot.

I need it for Molly. I need to get this jewelry so that I can combine old parts, get new ideas, and create a piece for her. I agreed to make her something, so I'm going all in.

I want my jewelry comeback to be a good one.

Our feet crash with the gravel as we near the two glass doors. One of them is covered in posters that are begging for new employees, while the other has one sign telling customers to pull the door rather than push it. Inside the glass' transparency, I can see a tiny desk in the back left, while rows and rows of clutter cover the shop's entirety.

"Jus' go into the back, grab whichever bin you think has the most in it, and start running for the door. There's only one worker here today, I can see him, so we're fine," I assure him, going to grab the handle of the door.

"Uh- H," Niall stops me, speaking through his gritted. "We have company... to our right."

I turn my head to see two younger kids a couple feet away from us. They have to be at least four or five, sitting alone in the dirt and playing with it. They're both staring at Niall and I, their mouths dropped and their eyes wide.

Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me.

"How much do you wanna bet they heard what you just said?" He mutters towards me.

I keep my stance still, acting natural, "No shit, look at their faces."

I start to open the door of the shop, not thinking too much of it, but Niall halts me, "We can't just leave them. We've gotta tell them it was some sort of prank, so it doesn't scar them!"