/68/

some actions in this chapter are a little dangerous, but don't worry, everything will be fine. im telling you now bc ik that some of u will worry later.

ALSO one specific part this chapter may seem weird and sudden, but that's because it's being described from mollys not-sober mind. when she smokes, her perception of things is often off. so if the writing is moving fast, that's why. i wanted to try and be accurate to how she processes things.

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

"Look, Zayn, I'm sorry," Harry repeats, following him through the motel's parking lot.

After a long conversation, we left Jess half an hour ago to head back to the motel for the night. I had to drive us, despite the fact that I was also smoking tonight. It was very obvious that both Harry and Zayn had been smoking a lot more than me, so I had no other choice.

I'm just glad that I felt sober by the time we left the parking lot. We had a long conversation, so that's why it started to fade. It simply made my confidence better while driving back.

Apart from that, both Zayn and Harry were silent the entire car ride. I couldn't tell if they were sobering up or not. It depends on when they took the drugs and what drugs they were. It could be hours before they start feeling sober, or they could already be fine. Zayn mentioned edibles, and I can never tell when those things fade, so it'll all be one big surprise for me.

I don't know what to think of the tattoo situation, even after they explained it to me. Both of them were far from sober when it happened, so clearly their minds weren't exactly in the right space. Zayn shouldn't have listened to Harry's tattoo idea and Harry shouldn't have even tried to trick him.

Personally, though, I think it is a little funny.

And even though Zayn was mad in the moment, he looks like he secretly doesn't mind it now.

"It's fine. You owe me later, though. If I'm going to have to put up with this until fades, you've gotta do somethin' for me," Zayn orders, grabbing out his key from his pocket. "Now, if you'll excuse me. My mouth really hurts and I'm pretty sure my lip hasn't stopped bleeding since we left the tattoo shop, so I'm going to go clean it."

"Owe you?" Harry retorts. "No way."

I rest my head on his shoulder, tucking my hand under his arm and onto his lower back, "Well, you did tattoo your name on his lip."

He looks at me, then back at Zayn, "Fine, okay. Yeah, I owe you."

"Great. Do me a favor right now," Zayn rummages through his pocket. He pulls out the keys to his motorcycle and tosses them to Harry. "I want you to take my motorcycle somewhere and put gas in it. Oh, and clean it. There's some stores, you can probably buy the stuff easily."

Harry catches the keys, "A favor? This late at night. You're just doing this to piss me off."

"And you tattooed your name on my lip to piss me off," Zayn shrugs. "I'm just finding ways to get even."

Harry grows frustrated, "I'm not gettin' on that thing. You know that I-"

"Yeah, yeah. Well, maybe you should've thought about that before you decided to be a dick," Zayn struggles at his door, trying to find the keyhole on the knob.

"Zayn, you both took drugs a bit ago. He can't drive until I know that he's sober," I chime in. It was over an hour ago but I can never be too sure that he's okay. "We can figure it all out in the morning, when I know that both of you are better."