/61/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

"Look who can finally fucking park," Harry's voice calls from beside me in the car.

I backhand his thigh playfully, turning off the vehicle, "I'm an amazing driver now, right?"

I'm supposed to meet Zayn still, which I've secretly not been excited for. We're just going to walk around a little park, catch up on our pasts, and talk about several other things. Harry gave him the details of the location, and now it's time to meet. I have no clue how long this is going to last, but since I'm terrible with conversation, I'm hoping not long.

Strangely enough, I ended up being the one who drove us to the park. Back in my bedroom, Harry managed to find a book that he liked off my shelf. He laid on top of me for maybe an hour, reading it silently to himself. He hasn't put it down since, so I had to take us here.

He grips the side of the book's cover, keeping his attention buried on the pages. Sunglasses shield his eyes, but even through the shades, I can tell that all of his focus is on the book.

He looks up momentarily, "You managed to get us here alive, so I'd say you're pretty solid."

I know he's paying barely any attention to me, but I still groan out in frustration, "Do I have to talk to him?"

He drops the book into his lap, tilting his head at me like the answer should be obvious, "He'll be here for a while. You're gonna have to talk at some point."

"You're right," I sigh, and it pains me to admit that. I unbuckle my seatbelt, opening my car door. I expect him to do the same, but he stays. I furrow my brow, asking, "Aren't you coming? He invited you too."

By this point, the book is already back up in his hands. He purses his lips, shaking his head, "The poor guy has probably had enough of me. I'll jus' sit in the car in case you need me."

"You need to come with me, though," I groan, dipping my head back into the car. "I'm terrible at making conversation like this."

"And you think I am? Every time I talk to Zayn, I can't help but say something bitchy," he admits. "I'm an asshole to him."

I examine his facial expressions, determining one thing, "You just want to sit in here and read that book, don't you?"

He smiles, "That, and the fact that I don't want to put the guy through any more of my bullshit."

"What happened to romance books being junk, huh?" I test, snatching the book from his hands. Harry may be rude with his sarcasm sometimes, but at least he can hold a conversation. If he's there, then I'll be fine. I'll lose it if I have to talk to Zayn alone.

He narrows his eyes at me, clenching his jaw as he regains possessions of the pages, "Can you blame me? It's a good book!"

"Can you put it down for like an hour, please? I really don't want to talk to him without you," I try to bargain with him.

He sighs, pondering a decision. After a couple of seconds, he comes to one, "You've got this, Mols. If you need me, I'll be right here," he nods reassuringly, "It'll only be worse if I'm there. I'll hover over him constantly, and he'll feel less comfortable taking. You need to just go alone."

I know he's right. It isn't necessarily ideal to have two guys you've been with in the same area. It'll make things more tense, and Zayn will probably be worried that he's going to piss Harry off, but I still want him there, even just as company.

We both look over, noticing that Zayn's already standing in the middle of the park. The sun's setting, so the area is a little dim, but I can still see him pretty well. His hands are shoved into his pockets and he's pacing around, expecting me to arrive.