/16/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

Right when Landon's car pulled away, I went back to organizing the records. He showed up here because he thought he broke something inside of his car, but in reality he just positioned the part the wrong way. I'm not surprised that he didn't see my car. He knows I'm a shit driver, so seeing it being used and parked somewhere is unlikely to happen in his mind. I'm just glad I didn't get caught.

Niall and Sakura returned from their lunch break, and since then I've been thinking about how weird this all is. The three of them haven't stopped discussing Phoenix and I haven't stopped mentally going through the situation I'm in. I don't like Hot Shot, but I wouldn't mind doing whatever we just did again. The only problem is Niall and Landon. Hiding what just happened from them is going to be the absolute worst, and if I'm being honest, Niall's reaction might be worse than Landon's if he ever found out.

I say that because Landon knows I'm not as romantically involved with him as I used to be. Of course he'd be livid, and I never want to experience him yelling at me like I know he's going to, but I don't care enough about him to be upset that he's pissed over it. I'd only feel sorry for myself.

Niall finding out would make me the most guilty. He's Hot Shot's current best friend, and deep down, I care about him more than I care about Landon. I know Niall, and I know that he's the most talkative person ever, but every time I'm around, he shuts up and ignores me. And given the fact that I know he doesn't want his best friend anywhere near me- even as friends, I'd feel sick to my stomach for doing that to him. We have had our differences since he moved, but he used to be my best friend, too.

And I don't want him to be uncomfortable with me in his place of work, so the least I can do is try to talk to him.

I just have to figure out how.

"I finished the records," I approach Niall with the stack. I'm completely lying. They aren't even halfway done, I just need an excuse to try and make him not hate me.

This might be the first time I'm actually talking to him calmly.

He looks up at me, then turns around, checking to make sure that I'm talking to him and not anyone behind him. He clears his throat, looking down at the toolbox he's standing at, "Leave them on the desk."

He tries to walk away from me, but I follow him. I leave the stack sitting on the toolbox, and he notices, rolling his eyes. This is absolutely painful. At this point the others are staring from the opposite side of the garage, noticing that I'm talking to him.

It's strange even for them.

'What the hell are you doing?' Hot Shot's mouthing to me.

'No idea,' I mouth back, sweeping around the side of the car Niall's at.

Considering it hasn't even been an hour since I was out in Hot Shot's car, my legs are still semi-sore, so lowering myself to the ground where Niall's at hurts a little more than anticipated. It's not bad, but like I said, it's been a while since I've ever done anything with anyone.

"So, what are you working on?" I ask, trying to sound like this isn't killing me.

"Just checking the tires," he deadpans, swallowing the knot in his throat. His face is turning red and it's obvious he doesn't want to talk to me at all.

"I never said it two weeks ago, but I like the blond. I didn't realize you dyed your hair after you moved," I compliment him. It's so awkward. He takes long seconds to reply and even longer to process what I'm even saying.

"What do you want, Molly?" He finally addresses me, turning to eye me. "You never talk to me."

Because you'll cuss me out if I try.