/64/

this is a short one, but for a good reason. love you all, please stay safe and lmk if u ever need anything <3

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

"You have to keep your hood on," I grit my teeth, jerking the cotton material back over Harry's head.

"I know, it jus' keeps fallin' off," he adjusts the ends of it, fixing his sunglasses in the process.

I roll my eyes, "Purposely taking the hood down doesn't count as it falling off, Harry!"

We left the motel early this morning to head over to the bookstore he's been wanting to show me. It's my first real taste of his old town. I drove us over, while he laid back in the passenger seat with a hood pulled over his head and sunglasses covering his eyes. The roads of the town are clean, the cars are fancy, and the people are dressed comfortably. If I had to guess, the area is primarily upper-middle class.

We got to the bookstore maybe five minutes ago. Zayn's still asleep at the motel, so I doubt he knows we left. In order to save myself the trouble with him later, I made sure to take extra precaution with Harry's identity in public. He's wearing a hoodie- I made him ditch the corduroy coat- and sunglasses.

He also isn't allowed to say one word to anybody besides me. It doesn't help that he's tall. If anyone took one good look at him, they'd probably see right through the disguise, but it will have to do.

"You have to keep the hood on," I repeat, softening my tone. "We can't risk anyone noticing you."

"I look like a creep," He argues, walking deeper into the bookstore. "If anything, the disguise throws more attention on me."

"Quit being stubborn. Just wear it," I snap at him. "It's all we have."

He groans, making his way towards tall shelves piled with books. The little store looks old and fancy, but to him it probably feels nostalgic. It's a brick building, one-story. And there's a sweet old lady at the front desk. I follow him through the different sections, listening to the little bell on the front door ding anytime a new customer enters.

He stops in front of one of the shelves and laughs. I notice his laughter, and decide to comment on it, "What?"

"Nothin'," his smile grows larger. He picks up a stack of misplaced books from the floor, "I'm jus' beginning to notice that this place hasn't changed at all since I left." He carries the misplaced books back through the shelves, putting them back in their original spots, "Kids used to come in here all the time, mess with books, and leave them for someone else to put back. Clearly that trend hasn't gone away."

"And you know where everything goes?" I squint my eyes, watching as he sticks each book back in its proper location.

"Not everythin'," he shakes his head. "I jus' know how the place organizes their shelves, so I guess locations based off that."

"Well, it's a cute store. I can see why you used to come here a lot," I compliment the location, running my finger along the row of books in front of me. "I may pick out a couple books, if that's okay."

"That's perfect, I wanna look around some more," his curiosity gets the best of him. "Just find me when you're finished. I'll buy as many as you want."