/44/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

Okay, Styles could mean anything.

It could be in reference to styling someone, but that really doesn't explain why it's the headline of a crime newspaper. I could have also just pieced the clippings together incorrectly. That's an option, too.

And it's the option I'm sticking with.

It's natural for me to be curious about the meaning behind the word. I could try and piece together the rest of the shredded newspaper clippings into one big article, but I don't think Kiara used the whole thing in her painting, and it'd take too much time.

Plus, I don't know if I actually want to find out. If I'm right, and it does have something to do with H, then I don't want to know. He's made an effort to keep his past a secret, so if this article does have something to do with him, then the best thing for me to do is respect his privacy. I won't be connecting more news clippings, nor will I be scavenging for context clues.

His past is a secret for a reason, and it isn't my place to dig it back up.

I went to sleep last night thinking about the word. Styles. I stared at it for hours until I fell asleep, and sadly, I'm still thinking about it now, even though it's been hours since I woke up.

I've been so focused on it that I forgot today's my mother's birthday. We're throwing a big celebration for it tonight, and I've been too focused on Hot Shot to remember.

Luckily, I made the executive decision twenty minutes ago, that I'd return the ripped piece of paper I found at Lethal's back to H's drawer. It isn't mine, it's his. After that, I'll quickly return to help set up for my mom's party.

I was already planning on seeing H today anyways, so it works out. I'll slip by Lethal's during Niall and Sakura's lunch break, sneak the ripped piece back into the drawer when I get the chance, then I'll tell H all that I planned on telling him already. About how I don't care about his past or his name, and how I really- and I mean really- don't want him sleeping around with other women. I've got this. A singular word isn't going to ruin my confidence.

As I pull up to Lethal's, with the clipping tucked in my back pocket, I squint my eyes with confusion. Briefly, I check the time on my car's radio, before confirming that it is indeed the time Niall and Sakura go on their lunch break. Except, they're not. They're both supposed to be on that break, but instead they're still inside the garage.

Maybe I'm just tired and got the time wrong.

I had to leave my house quickly before my parents could stop me. I'm supposed to be cleaning for the party tonight, but I swept out as fast as I could. I haven't eaten lunch or breakfast, and the only thing I managed to grab was a bottle of lemonade from the fridge before I drove here.

Out of confusion, I park the car inside the lines successfully, and climb out. My feet crash against the gravel as I step underneath one of the tall garage doors, looking in at both of them.

"Hey, Mols," Sakura waves, keeping her back turned to me as she works under the hood of one of the cars.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your lunch break?" I really need them to be so I can put this paper back in the drawer without them seeing.