/05/

this was a double so make sure you read 04 before this!

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

I may have forgotten the entirety of that movie, but at least I still have my necklace.

Hot Shot never came back to claim it, and that makes me feel more relieved, even now a day later. I don't know what happened to him or where he ventured off too after I saw him climb into the back of that car with those girls, but clearly he made a false threat when he said he'd be back to retrieve it.

I was worried the entire movie, but not about him specifically. A bad habit of mine is over-thinking, and when I started getting the idea in my head that Landon could find out I've known Hot Shot this entire time, I wanted nothing more than to leave the drive-in and go home. I just kept picturing him yelling at me, which is something I know is bound to happen in the future, and I got anxious in the swarm of my thoughts.

At first it was nice to know that the guy I met three years ago has shown up again, but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. I've never been this worried, especially with how many factors come into play. Niall is his best friend and Landon hates him. I don't know what I was thinking, but it really is smarter to stick to how things have been since our last meeting. Besides, the guy made it clear that he doesn't want to talk to me.

What also got into my head was Brooks still hanging around Niall's brother, Sean. He claims that they were just catching up and that they weren't still friends, but I don't know how much of that I believe. The last time I know of them seeing each other was when they were twelve, and now I'm starting to question that too.

All of the apprehensions in my head are fueled by my anxiety, but luckily I've found a suitable way to help myself get them off of my mind, rather than some plotless movie.

Exercising.

I use the at-home gym in my basement, and I cannot thank my parents enough for installing it. The place comes with enough equipment for at least two people to use at once, which is just enough for me, since I'm the only one who uses it. I usually try to balance out my workouts when I'm exercising to stay in shape, but whenever I lift weights because I'm anxious, I do whatever it is that's needed to get me exhausted.

I've been in here for about two hours already, blasting music on the speakers. The majority of what I've worked on consists of running. I hate running on treadmills, they fucking suck, but it's better than going out and running on the streets- who knows who I'll run into. I ran two miles on that before stopping to start three sets of leg raises, and so on into my frantic, anxiety-filled workout- dumbbells, running, planks, bench presses, pull-ups, squats, more fucking running. I never have a routine when I'm anxious, so I'm just winging it today to torture myself.

The tired I am, the more I forget how worried I was prior. I watch my frame in the mirror ahead, holding a dumbbell as I make sure the stance of my squats are accurate. I focus on my breath the entire time, hearing how heavy it is after over two hours of workouts. I'm tired alright, but my stamina has increased so much that it takes a lot for me to get completely exhausted.

After finishing my final set, I drop the weight onto the ground, shaking out my hands. I tighten the hair tie that holds my pony tail, feeling the exhaustion of my workout continue to sink in. I lean over, bracing my hands on my knees as I try to think of some other pointless exercise to do, one that really hurts.

I check the time up on the clock ahead of the mirror, my hands shaking as I realize how late it's gotten.

Maybe it's time I head back upstairs, I think I've managed to get my nerves down enough, plus I'm starving and sweaty.