/60/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

A couple of minutes ago I went straight up to my room, locking the door behind me. I have been trying to get ready so that I can work out, as planned, but H has been on the other side of my door trying to talk to me. He's been explaining everything in more detail. He's described Brooks' actions and motives more clearly, as well as why Zayn is here. I understand what happened now, but I am still extremely overwhelmed.

I don't know whether to feel happy, excited, angry, or worried. I'm trying to figure that part out still.

"C'mon, Mols," H rattles the door knob. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, yeah," I call from inside my bedroom. I step into my bathroom, picking up my brush as I begin to tie my hair up.

"Are you still confused? Need me to explain anythin' else?" He offers, anxious for me to open the door.

"Nope. All good," I dryly reply, trying not to focus on what just happened.

I was so pumped after what happened with Landon, only to be sent into shock the second I saw Zayn. It has been almost six years since the last time I saw him. His hair is blond now, though his roots are still his natural dark hair color. He once told me about all of the tattoos he wanted, and now they're all littering his body. H mentioned that he's been in California this whole time, but other than that I have no clue how he's been doing. Seeing him in my house sent me into a spiral, mainly because I have been assuming for the last couple of years that I'd never see him again.

I finish pulling my hair up, shifting back into my bedroom. I've already changed into athletic clothes, so I'm all ready to go. I grab everything I need, making my way towards my door.

I pull it open, and H comes tumbling in from leaning on the door. He grips the door frame with his left hand, preventing himself from falling.

He reads my face, and sighs. As I sweep past him, I quickly say, "You don't have to be here, if you don't want to. I swear, I'm fine. I just need a minute before I go see him again."

"You're delusional if you think I'm leaving," he slides beside me, following me down to my basement. "I'm stayin'. We can talk about other things, if that's what you want. I don't mind."

I'd love that actually. I'd rather deal with Zayn tonight at our planned meeting time, so that my headache has time to disappear.

"Like what?" My attention perks.

"Like the fact that you went to Landon's house," he suggests. His hand slides around my waist, pulling me into him as we walk. "But where's your necklace?"

"I took it off. I'm going to clean it before I wear it again," I respond, reaching my hand around his waist too. "I don't think wearing Landon's blood around my neck is necessarily ideal. It's gross."

"So you actually used it on him?" His eyes light up.

"It wasn't planned, but yes. He wouldn't get off of me, or let me leave," I play it off, trying not to sound too excited over the fact that I almost strangled someone.

He tries to play off his excitement too, but it doesn't last long. He kisses the side of my face before spinning me around. His fingers latch onto mine for a couple of seconds before he breaks away, pulling the basement door open for me, "You're the most incredible woman I've ever met, did y'know that? Absolutely incredible."

"Don't speak too soon. I also keyed his car. Wouldn't be surprised if he came down to Lethal's one day, begging you to fix it," I try not to smile at his compliment. "I cursed you with a Landon visit."