/63/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

I don't know how Zayn managed to find such a nice motel for us to stay at, but he did. When I think of a motel, I think of a tiny, old building that looks like it hasn't been used in over a decade. However, this one is freshly painted, extremely clean, and packed with guests looking for a quick place to stay. If I had to guess, it's brand new.

The drive was only a couple of hours, but I'm still a little drained. I refused to let Harry drive, mainly out of my own stubbornness. I'm tired of him picking useless fights with Zayn. It isn't just his fault, but the two of them have the strangest relationship. One second they're civil, and the next, they're going after each other's throats.

Despite my anger towards their bickering, I do see where each of them are coming from. Zayn is the only person that Harry isn't close to that knows his name. He doesn't like the idea of having to be forced to have another friend. Plus, it makes it worse that I used to have a thing with Zayn. I see why he's so uptight, and Zayn's only returning the anger because he thinks Harry hates him.

It was a good thing that they drove separately. I wouldn't have been able to handle both of them in the same car for that long, especially while driving.

Zayn drove his motorcycle here, as requested, and somehow ended up beating us. He got the keys to our rooms, and once we arrived, he showed us their location.

His room is two doors down from ours, and I'm pretty sure he's in there right now, trying to sleep.

For tonight, I'm just trying to settle in. Harry and I got inside of our room less than a minute ago, and it's incredibly neat. A neatly made bed, clean floors, minimal lighting.

We're staying at a place located just outside of his old town, so I wouldn't count this motel as my first impression. I haven't had a chance to actually look around the area he grew up in, so I'm saving my opinions for tomorrow.

Zayn has made it clear to us that we're all going into town tomorrow, so tonight we can just sleep. I'm fine with that, considering how long it took me to drive here.

I toss myself down onto the mattress, staring up at the ceiling. I pull the comforter over me, desperate to relax after that drive. I'm not even going to bother unpacking tonight.

"Surprised I'm actually back in this town again," Harry laughs quietly, laying down onto the space next to me. He removes his coat from off his shoulders, kicking his shoes off.

He lets out a quiet, shaky breath, and I manage to hear it. Knowing he's this close to the place he grew up must be terrifying. So many things could happen.

I roll over, resting my head on his shoulder. I silently listen as he continues to speak, "There's this bookstore that's a couple of miles away from here, close to my old house. My dad used to take me to it all the time," he trails off into his story, reaching his arm over my body, "I want to take you to it tomorrow."

"That sounds nice," I hum out in relaxation, hugging his waist. "Are there any other places around here that you want to go to?"

I can hear his smile in his words, "I want to see everything again, Mols."

I sit up, staring into his eyes. I have never seen him this hopeful about something, and it kills me. He misses everything that he lost, and while he knows he can't get any of it back, he still hopes to regain as much as he can.

He reaches his hand up, using it to frame the side of my face. His fingertips lightly trail down my cheek, onto my jaw, and he lets out a small breath, "Without you, I would've never reconsidered returning... so thank you. You're incredibly good for me."