/69/

*warning* this chapter does require a lot of thinking/paying attention to detail. i'm purposely trying to leave you a little confused at the end of it, but you don't want to leave yourself absolutely clueless. this is an IMPORTANT chapter, so please try to stay focused.

also please remember the majority of this chapter is just assumptions. some things aren't necessarily the actual truth.

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

"Harry," Molly's soft voice calls to me. Her hand gently strokes my hair, and she repeats my name again.

I bury my face in my pillow, pulling the comforter up over my body. I want to savor every last bit of sleep that I can get, but it's obvious that she's trying to wake me up.

Gently, she laughs, "Come on, get up."

I keep my eyes shut. Carefully, she rustles underneath the comforter and I can feel her sneaky movements. It's clear that she's trying to find a different way to get me to wake up. However, I don't give her enough time to come with a plan. I sweep over in an attempt to stop her. I wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her collarbone, and trapping her so that she can't bug me.

"We have to leave for the dealership soon," she reminds me. Her hands hook underneath my face, trying to pull me off of her, but she fails.

I don't want to be reminded of that. We might find something, but there's also a high chance that we won't find anything. That place is a mystery to me, and right now I want to sleep, rather than worry about what lurks in that building.

She tries to pull me off of her a second time, but failure inevitably resurfaces, "It isn't that hard to at least respond. Give me something to work with, H."

"Lay with me for a minute," I lazily mumble, keeping my eyes closed. I tighten my hands around her waist, slowly sliding further on top of her.

"If I do, I'm going to fall back asleep," she answers. Nonetheless, her hands travel back up, twirling the ends of my hair. "You already look halfway there yourself."

"'Cause I'm tired," I huff, exhaustion coating my tone.

"Well, I have something for you," she alerts my attention. "Do you want to see?"

"Do I have to get up to see it?" I keep my same position, not moving a muscle.

"You'd have to open your eyes," she responds.

"Then no."

"You're impossible!" she tries to sit up, but my weight holds her down, "At least let me get up."

"And pass up the chance to annoy you? No way," I tease, holding her down tighter.

She reaches her hand down, pinching my side. I jolt upward in discomfort and my eyes open. I quickly bat her hand away from me, hating the feeling.

"See, it wasn't that hard to open your eyes," she taunts back.

I roll off of her, back over to my side of the bed, "I'm jus' tired. We were out for a while last night."

We got back from my old house late last night. We stayed on the balcony for over two hours, talking and looking up at the stars. After we got down, we stopped, did Zayn's favors, and eventually returned to the motel. I took a shower for less than ten minutes, and when I got done, Molly was already asleep. It took me longer to get comfortable because I was so worried about today. My consequence for not sleeping is exhaustion.