/04/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

There's a long list of people who hate Landon Reeves, but nobody hates him more than my brother, Brooks, does. For the fifteen years of his uneventful life, not a minute has gone by where he isn't telling me to stop being friends with a guy like that. They have never been civil with each other, and they never will be, and that's exactly why he's all ears in my conversation right now.

Brooks never cares about my conversations with Kiara, but the second someone who also mutually hates Landon is brought up, his attention spikes. Unfortunately the one time he is listening, we're talking about Hot Shot and how badly Kiara wants me to go talk to him.

"I wanna meet this guy," Brooks admits from the back seat of Kiara's car, "the movie doesn't start for another 20 minutes, I'm sure we can make a small stop."

"No, you wanted us to take you to this drive-in movie, so that's where we're going, not Lethal's Garage," I scowl at him from the passenger seat, turning back to focus on Kiara's driving.

For weeks now Brooks has been complaining about going to some drive-in movie, and I've always been hesitant to take him because everyone in town usually goes. Normally that's not a problem, but knowing Brooks, he's likely to get into a fight that'll get him in trouble, again, and I've never been in the mood to try and prevent that from happening. I guess that tonight's his night, though, I've finally caved.

Thankfully, I convinced Kiara to tag along with us, but the entire car ride she's been bugging me about Hot Shot. She wants me to talk to him despite how angry it would make Landon, except it's been days since we visited the repair shop, and I don't know if I'll ever end up making time to visit the guy. I do have questions for him that I'll likely get answered in the future, but a confrontation with my brother in the backseat of the car tonight seems like the worst time to talk to him.

"Yeah, it's not a good night to drive across town," Kiara finally sides with me, "and if we don't get a good spot for this damn movie, I'll be pissed."

"It's never a good night to go that far. If Landon finds out that I know that guy, he'll be pissed," I cross my arms as I peer out the window, trying not to let that worry sink into my head. "He'll kill me."

For the past two days that's been my top worry. The thought of Landon finding out that the person he hates the most gave me the necklace I've worn for three years, I don't know what he'll do. All I know is that it won't end well, and for that reason, I should try and stay quiet about it all. He can't know.

"You're the one dating Landon," Brooks tests me before dropping the tone of his voice, "and I swear, Molly, if I end up in-laws to that... thing one day-"

"We're not dating!" I snap at him, "And I swear Brooks you better keep your mouth shut about Hot Shot, got it? Landon can't know that I know him."

If it wasn't for Kiara talking about the guy the entire car ride, then I wouldn't have to threaten Brooks. He doesn't know everything about how I know Hot Shot, but he definitely knows just enough for him to blab to one of his friends that knows Landon.

He scoffs, laying himself down across the backseat of the car, "As of right now, I won't say a thing, but no promises."

I grit my teeth with a forceful groan, rotating my attention back towards the lengths of trees Kiara's car starts to speed by. We pass by other cars, driving all the way up until we reach the entrance of the abandoned field. The car comes to a stop as Kiara rolls down her window, handing our money to the guy blocking the entryway. Once she pays the fee, we drive in, parking the car closer towards the middle row, also surrounded by cars.