/12/

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

I debated on being an asshole and dumping Molly off at her house anyway, but then I realized that'd only cause me more trouble, so I refrained. Instead, I mentally complained about having to take her back to my house, drunk and bruised up from where I kissed her.

She stumbled straight into the front door, passing out on my couch before I even got the chance to tell her to drink water to clear out her alcohol consumption. It felt strange having her inside of my home, so I did what any reasonable person would do... I left.

After a couple hours, I realized she wasn't going to be waking up any time soon, so I decided to book it back over to Serpent's Den. James is performing tonight, so I wanted to hear him sing a few of his songs before I got absolutely hammered.

Luckily, I got just that. I came into the bar right as the set list started, and I played pool with Niall while listening to him in the background. I won again, of course, but the highlight of my night was when a few of the girls recognized me from the last time James came to perform and I hopped onstage with him.

God, I'll never forgive myself for getting on that tiny stage with him and singing words to a rap song I barely knew. That was an embarrassing moment for me, and all I remember happening afterwards was two girls and one of their boyfriends walking back with me to one of their houses just around the corner.

But tonight, I'm refusing to get on that stage. Not because I don't want another night like the last one, but because I'm so fucking embarassed by it. I was throwing up all night because of how much I drank, it was brutal. Never again.

James is halfway through his setlist, which means he gets to take a thirty minute intermission. It's been twenty of those thirty, and I'm surprised he hasn't come over to talk to me yet considering he invited me.

I'm the only one who's really friends with him. He knows of Niall, Sakura, and Wyatt, but because of our rap night, we're closer. The only other reason we're friends is because we're both from Redditch, but it's been a while since I lived there, and he claims I'm starting to 'lose' my accent, but he's just exaggerating.

"Sitting at the bar alone?" James' pesky voice finally approaches me. "I have to go back onstage in 10, so let's talk."

He shuffles himself through the men hovering by the bar, squeezing in next to me. The place is packed because he's performing and just about every game table is lined up with players.

"Sakura's closing up the shop and Niall went back to help her," I explain, tightening my grip on the cup in my hands. "My lazy ass stayed."

"Got any plans for the night other than sitting on a barstool alone?" He slides onto the barstool next to me, rotating to face my body.

"I'll probably head back soon," I mutter with my mouth on my cup, watching as Wyatt exits out of the back door to take out the trash.

Molly's either awake or still passed out at my house, so I've got to get back soon to handle her. I took the effort to tell Niall and Sakura that she agreed to keep her mouth shut about us stealing cars, but I avoided mentioning that she agreed in the midst of us making out. Just wait until they see how bad I bruised up her neck. She's going to have a lot of trouble covering that one up, and I'm honestly glad.

"Why not stay? You can entertain yourself while I perform," He argues, "I'm sure someone will keep you company."

"They'll want a lot more than company," I scoff.

"I could've told you that," James knocks back, nudging my shoulder and pointing behind us, "Redhead in the corner's hot. Talk it up with her, maybe she'll convince you to stay."