/11/

~~*~~
'Hot Shot'

"We're screwed!" Niall's the first one in a panic.

"Shut up, no we're not," I tell him, gritting my teeth.

We're all three grouped over at the desk in the back of the shop, whispering away from Molly. We convinced her to sit over and wait so that we can come up with some kind of plan to get rid of these guys, and I'm honestly so mad at myself.

I had no idea that not all of them were at Serpent's Den. When Wyatt called me earlier and warned me that those guys showed up, he not once mentioned it was only two. Seeing them show up like that pissed me off. I don't know how on earth they got out on bail, but there are always loopholes in the system, and they most likely found one. I wish they hadn't, though. Now that they can't even think about stealing cars, they're coming straight back to us for revenge. We took their way of making money away from them and now they want us dead.

I wish that Molly wasn't there, though. That would've saved me all the trouble. I had to protect her because I didn't want a dead body to deal with, too, but that now means she knows we steal cars. I'm absolutley fucked with this one. Knowing her, she's going to snitch on us no matter what, that's why I think it's better just to stall her. If we can buy some time, like we are now, then maybe we can come up with some escape plan.

"The only way we're going to get out of this mess is if we buy ourselves time," I explain to them carefully. "I already tried to convince her that we need to deal with these guys first, and then she can expose us. She never said yes or no."

That's not necessarily true, I'm not letting her expose us. I'm just hoping that if we can get her to agree to wait out until these guys are dealt with, then she'll forget all about our little car stealing habit. If not, then I'll have my bags already packed and ready to run.

I mean, I've done it before. It can't be that hard.

In depth, I've already explained to both of them about the encounter. They know that those guys threatened to kill me and kept trying to hurt Molly, they know Molly threw the necklace back at me because she was disgusted with it, and they both know that we're fucked if we don't make sure she stays quiet. I just hope that we also find some way to get around this. Those guys aren't our main problem, she is. We're one phone call away from getting sent to jail, and she can make that happen easily if we don't make some kind of deal.

"We'll start with that, then," Sakura agrees with me. "And if she agrees to wait out until those guys are caught, then we still need to keep an eye on her."

"Well, that's the problem. She finished covering all of Landon's graffiti," Niall finds a flaw in the plan, "There's no other way to keep her here if she agreed."

Niall's sort of right. With the small chance that she does agree to wait to turn us in, there's no way for us to keep an eye on her. She lives on the other side of town and she no longer has to come down every day since she finished painting over the vandalism. Except, I think there may still be one way we can keep her nearby.

"Actually, there may be one. You're gonna hate me, but it's worth a shot," I squint my eyes as I look out to both of them. They are nodding at me like they're ready to hear it, and slowly I swallow back my pride, "We let her work here."

"Did you hit your head? What sense does that make?" Niall immediately objects.

"Hear me out, okay? I was talkin' to her before the guys showed up, she admitted that she knows a lot about cars. We could see if she's interested in making some spare cash, and if she accepts the job, then we could keep an eye on her until we handle those guys," I try to make sense of what I mean.