/47/

this is a double update so make sure u read 46 prior!!

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

I never realized how out of it I have been these past few days until now. I got home not even five minutes ago, only to realize that my mother's birthday party started twenty minutes ago, not in a couple of hours like I first assumed. Guests swarm my lawn, waving at me and chatting with others as I sweep past them. I hold H's box under my arm as I make my way through the house, trying to get up to my room without being spotted by my parents.

I'm not even dressed properly. If my mom sees me in casual attire, she's going to kill me.

A man sits at our piano, playing background noise as I rush past him. I'll go upstairs, open H's gift, get dressed, and act as if I've been here this entire time.

I slide past a group of men crowded by the television, and I spot my mother in the backyard. She's talking with a group of middle aged moms, but I've never been more happy to see her somewhere she can't spot me.

I rush up the steps, panting out of breath once I reach the third floor. The crowds are all downstairs, which is good for me, since I like my privacy up here. Instead of heading straight for my room, I stop by Brooks' room, knocking on his door.

Seconds later he opens it, and I quickly say, "Can you cover for me if anyone asks where I am? I just got home and I need to get ready."

"I would, but I'm leaving," he huffs.

"What?"

"Yep. I lied and told Dad that I had schoolwork to do with a friend, and he's letting me leave. He's easier to persuade when he's had a few drinks," Brooks grins proudly. "I'll be gone until 8:00 tonight. The truth is, Sean and I are going to see a movie."

"You can't leave me here by myself," I almost drop the box with my groan.

"I know, I'm sorry," he sighs. "It was last minute. If you can make up an excuse to get out of here, I'm sure Sean wouldn't mind letting you come to the movie with us."

"I was out all morning, they won't let me leave," I huff. "It's fine. Just enjoy your movie. Please try and get back before it gets too late."

"I'll try," he sweeps past me, fixing the sleeves of his cardigan as he trails down the stairs.

I walk down the opposite hall, feeling a bit saddened. Usually at these events, I hang around Brooks and we make fun of the older men who walk in, but now that I know he's going to be absent, I feel a little weary. I push the door open to my bedroom with my back as I pry open the box in my hands, trying to forget the fact that he's leaving.

"Molly!" A voice yells with excitement from behind me.

I immediately jump, flipping around to see Landon and his friends piled into my room. My mouth falls open with worry, and the first thing I do is eye the painting tucked into the corner next to my desk. Once I confirm that it hasn't been touched, I say, "Hey, Landon. Could you maybe get out? I have to get dressed, I'm running a little late."

"We'll close our eyes," one of the guys says, turning around in my desk chair.

These are all the same men from the time that Landon forced me to go with him to graffiti Lethal's. I recognize them all from the night vividly. One's at my desk, another is by my window, and another is next to my dresser, picking up my jewelry. The only one that's missing is Aaron, and my guess is that he's with Kiara somewhere.

"You have a bathroom, Molly," Landon informs me. "We'll wait in here."

"Why are you even in here?" I hold the box close to my chest when he steps closer.