/56/

~~*~~
Molly Pierce

The sun had already set when the four of us arrived at Serpent's Den.

Unfamiliar faces are piling inside and the echo of music is already trailing down the street. Despite the awful dinner, I'm excitedly the first one inside the bar. I swing the door open and smile at the atmosphere, but I only get a few seconds to admire it, before I'm being pulled to the side.

"Do you want me to tell him?" It's H. Before anyone sees, he lets go of his grip on my wrist. Niall and Sakura have already trailed a couple steps ahead of us, so he must be taking this as his opportunity to talk to me.

The loud music makes it hard for me to hear him, "I'm fine with it. Do you want to?"

"What? I can't hear what you're sayin', baby. Say it again," He leans forward, tilting his head to the side in an attempt to hear me better.

"I said, I'm fine with it," I repeat, making my voice louder. "But do you want to?"

He stands back up straight, shrugging his shoulders, "I do, yeah," he runs his hand back through his hair before sighing, "Plus, I feel like if we don't say something soon, Sakura will."

"I don't think she'll go that far," I disagree. "We still have to tell him, though."

"Right, I'll try and mention it to him when I find a good time," he agrees.

"Do you want me to tell him with you?" I offer. Considering we're both lying to Niall, it seems only fair that I tell him too.

"No," he immediately shakes his head. "Niall hates pressure. If things go well, I'll let you know..."

"And what if things go bad?" I raise an eyebrow.

He turns away, "Oh, trust me... I think you'll know."

I can only imagine what he's implying.

He hesitates for a moment, as if he's about to pull me in for a hug or to kiss me, but he stops himself and walks away instead. I swallow anxiously as I watch him step away, disappearing into a crowd of strangers that are greeting him with hands full of beer.

The only thing I hear before the music gets to loud is one of the guys shouting towards him, "Someone brought a fuckin' tattoo gun, Hot Shot!"

The fact that I know his name is slowly starting to register. As far as I know, nobody else in this room does. Nobody here knows Harry Styles. They don't know that he was framed for murder. They don't even know the small things. Like, he used to have long hair or that his best friend's name was Jess. They don't know that he was raised well and could probably buy this entire bar in cash if he wanted to. They have their own perception of him that, in a way, is the total opposite of who he truly is.

It amazes me how many people love him, yet know so little about him.

It also makes me feel all the more important. He chose to let me read the cards, which makes me trust him just as much as he trusts me. I know he's not going to run off and sleep with some random girl anymore and he knows that I'm not going to tell anyone who he is. I'm glad that I can trust him, because it feels great.

"You up for some pool?" Sakura steps in front of me. She's holding two pool sticks in her right hand, offering one over to me.

I hesitantly take it, "Depends, am I going to get harassed about Hot Shot the whole time?"

"Yep," she doesn't stutter. "What? I'm not going to stand here and lie."

"There's not much to ask about," I shrug my shoulders, playing it off.