39

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

you always knew something was off. something that didn't feel just right.

from the moment your eyes fell on that blonde standing in the distance from your laying body on the hospital bed. just an adolescent boy gripping the door as his void black eyes anxiously attempted to avoid your perplexed ones.

you asked yourself at that moment, who is this guy? why is he here? and why does he look so lost?

then your eyes fell on your mother, now solely focused on her. you failed to recognize her, failed to recognize your own self. everything seemed new and scary. as if you were reborn.

you didn't like it though.

when the doctor announced you had amnesia, you felt yourself breaking a bit. so you forgot all your fourteen years just like that? what about all the happy, bad, funny, tragic memories that you made so far? now, how will you differ people that mean the world to you and those who do not? will you have to get to know everyone all over again? forgetting about all their good and bad behavior towards you?

you were going to forget and forgive?

back then when the blonde who seemed to look oddly happy to hear about your memory loss, who had this unusual smile on his lips that looked so out of place yet so beautiful. someone who caught your attention the moment you were awake- he has to be someone special to you.

be it in a good or bad way.

when your mother hugged you, your weary eyes still found their way to that boy, who just stood outside the room with that subtle smile and a glint of satisfaction in his big doe eyes. both of your eyes remained on each other as if you two were attached with a string no one could see. it wasn't discomforting nor was it weird.

it was oddly peaceful.

just naturally keeping eye contact as if you two have known each other all your life.

sadly that wasn't the case. for you at least. you never knew that boy. it breaks your heart even more since all your life you thought nobody knew Mikey the way you did. turns out it wasn't really like that. maybe you know his name, what he looks like, how he smells like, what will be his reaction if you bring him taiyakis, how his lips taste like, how his body feels like against yours, how deeply in love he was with you- you knew so much about him, yet you know nothing about him. how strange. how funny.

however, you were sure he knows everything about you. he has to, because if he did not then how the hell he controlled you this whole time without your own knowing? he would call this love but you would call this madness, something you had no problem with since you knew all too well of Mikey's insanity for you. he could kill and has killed for you. yes, there were no objections- not until it involved your dear mother. not until it involved your sanity and your actual existence.