37

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

flashback, 12 years ago:

sanzu's pov:

it's kind of fascinating you know. to learn mikey can be so weak for someone. i wonder how it feels to be that person who has all the love and attention of sano manjiro, the invincible mikey. must be nice.

it's currently 11.30 pm as I'm walking through the streets of shibuya. the roads are busy and crowded even though it's so late at night. people just can't fuck off can they?

shoving my hands inside my pants pocket after fixing my mask and long hair, I let out a sigh. I wish mikey could notice me, he doesn't even care about how I always try to be around him.

after what he had done to me in the past, after scarring me like this, he still has no regrets and that's what makes him even cooler. he doesn't care about the world, about people's emotions. and it's not like he cares about himself either. such an interesting human. makes me want to explore the depth of his heart and mind even more.

he wasn't always like this though. after sinichiro died, he began to change and now that even baji is gone. he has lost his mind. and that's why he needs me, haruchiyo sanzu. I'm his only friend after all. only I care for him and want the best for him.

where can he find someone like me anyway?

immersed in my own thoughts I soon reached my destination.

the hospital.

where mikey is.

after entering in, the receptionist told me the visiting hours are closed. I scowled inwardly before giving her an eye smile.

"my friend is inside. let me in, please?"

"sir that's–"

"I won't take long!" and then I ran inside, she called me for a few times but I didn't pay heed. she is most likely used to it by the looks of her giving up on calling me. that's understandable because of how often I come at wrong times, only to give mikey some company. although this is perhaps the first time I've visited so late. is mikey even here? it would be a waste of time if he isn't, I mean I didn't come here to visit that y/n.

ugh did that girl really need to slip into a freaking coma? bothering mikey like that. it's so obvious that he has feelings for her. It kind of hurts but he will soon get tired of her right? I mean that doesn't bother me. it's not like I like him or something– can two men even like each other? i just find him cool that's all. but still, the way that girl has his all attention makes me irritated. what's so special about her anyway?

frowning to myself I glanced at the room numbers while strolling in the corridor lazily. "which room was it again..."

"y/n..." I stopped in my tracks hearing the familiar voice.