36

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

holding onto mikey was like holding onto a rose full of thorns.

it would hurt to love him but the pain undoubtedly felt worth it to the pink haired mullet. he would bleed, his heart would cry but again he endeared to be just around that pretty pretty rose, being devoted to him as if his life depends on it.

actually it does.

sano manjiro is the oxygen in his life. he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this silver haired male. Mikey has seen his worst days, and so did sanzu.

so it was safe to say,

haruchiyo sanzu knows all his dirty secrets.

secrets even Mikey himself didn't know he had.

sanzu thought since he knows all the dark sides of the silver haired male, he knew him inside and out. he was confident he couldn't go wrong with the assumptions he had for the invincible mikey.

turns out, that really wasn't the case.

sanzu never actually knew mikey. he didn't have any idea of what goes in mikey's head. or maybe he did have the subtlest idea of how unhinged he is, of how much of an asshole mikey is. but again, all those flaws are what made this thorn full rose so beautiful. that sanzu was ready to prick himself on the sharp edges of the thorns again and again.

until something snapped in him.

he knew mikey had no feelings for him, it would be stupid to even have that stupid fantasy because who he is really to him? nothing. yet he expected something, something he can never have. and he was alright with that. he was totally fine with the rejection. he would rather be not alright if mikey accepted his confession. because after that, what? what will happen after then? it won't be this thrilling and grievous anymore. the rose will lose all its thorns, all its beauty.

where's the fun in that?

so he enjoyed and suffered. until you came into the frame. stirring up his feelings, making him doubtful of himself and his own feelings. making him feel like a traitor, someone who isn't worth being beside mikey. overall, you made him feel bad.

the colour of the pure love he had for mikey turned from pumping red to pitch black.

it turned into something more than love and something less than hate. and the final push was what mikey said. that he didn't mean anything to him except a weapon.

it would have been okay. he would have gladly accepted the fact that he was nothing more than a weapon. he would die for mikey so this was nothing. but the fact that you were the one to tell him that mikey was using him, to claim that you know mikey better than him. it itched his skin, it made him disgruntled because he truly didn't see that coming. mikey was using him? for all these years? and he had no idea? how? this was heinous.