06

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Mikey, really stop worrying so much" You sighed for the nth time as you walked out of the school with Mikey walking beside you. His hands were behind his head as he gazed at the blue sky blankly.

"No, they are preying on you. What if they harm you when I'm not around?" He replied, his eyes not shifting from the sky.

You sighed again, massaging your forehead.

It wasn't that you didn't like him around so much. It actually boosted your image around as kids showed you more respect and classmates praised you for stealing the heart of Mikey.

Though you told them a thousand times that the thing you shared with the blonde was nothing more than friendship.

Yes, that is what you thought. After all, he's Sano Manjiro. Why would he be interested in you in that way anyway? You both became friends solely because of your late cousin Keisuke Baji. That had to be the case and perhaps you passed his vibe?

Well, you were cool and not a pick me girl, That was for sure. Oh yes, you had overconfidence as well so of course you totally assumed the blonde didn't want to be more than friends.

Just because you two are opposite sex doesn't mean he will think you about that way right? Moreover, He won't even look at you most of the time when you two were together. He always looked so disinterested.

Only if you knew.

And after that night, Mikey won't just leave you alone. Most of the time of course. He was probably worried for you. He did lose his friend just a few days ago and now if something happens to you, he would definitely take the blame, even if it has nothing to do with him.

You didn't quite understand the blonde. Why was he so worried about you? Couldn't he see you can take care of yourself, yeah if there aren't twenty people involved.

"Mikey, I'm gonna go home. You can go now" once you reached your neighbourhood, you turned your head and told the blonde that was standing beside you.

"Hmm, Oh Y/N come to my place today at 5. I've something to say" He yawned and stretched his arms, drowsiness seen in his eyes.

"Why?"

"Just come" he retorted, turning around and leaving.

"Weirdo" you huffed, walking ahead.

But what you didn't notice was the blonde's eyes that were on your back as a small smile tugged in his lips as taking one last glance he finally left.

°°°

Now you were sitting on the spot that you sat just a week ago. Although this time was different. You were tautly fidgeting with your fingers that were beneath the table so they could not really see.