𝐂𝐡.57: 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢

3rd pov

If you have told South from the past that he will end up tolerating Japan, he wouldn't believe you. He'd also wouldn't believe that he'd stop being lonely, he would've responded by beating you up menacingly.

South isn't used to the environment and cultures here, but he does become more tolerable to its environment. On a winter day like this, he'd rather find something hot to drink under the cold weather. Glad that he took a fondness for hot cocoa to compensate for the lack of Brazilian drinks.

Looking out of his window, he stared into the sky for a few minutes before he remembered the old days. The days when he was just a little boy surviving in the violent streets of Brazil. Most notably, the poor streets of Rio de Janeiro, a place that he called his hometown.

Terano Minami grew up in the slums of a favela in Brazil, surrounded by various houses living close to each other. He lived together with his bedridden mother, and the only source of entertainment was an out-of-tune piano. It was the one thing that entertained his younger self during those days, must've explained his amusing musical taste.

A man by the name of 'Dino' used to take care of his mother. He was known as an infamous gangster in Brazil back in the days, often called the king of town. As Minami was a Japanese child living in Brazil, Dino taught him how to live in the favelas.

He first experienced violence at the age of 5. Under the request of Dino, he successfully murdered Dino's "enemies" through the use of a pistol. That was also the time when he got the name South from, as a way for his mentor to praised him. With the money he gained on that day, he brought himself a pair of shoes, thus learning the benefits of violence.

Then, at the age of 12, he killed Dino by repeatedly beating him on his bed. The same man that he referred to as his "father", beating him with all the love he had for him while in tears. Soon after, the tyrant himself quickly succeeded at the age of 12, creating his own gang called "Dino South" and becoming infamous in the gangster scene in Brazil.

...But that wouldn't last for long. 

Two years later, an enemy gang raided Minami's home and took his mother's life. One of its members shot the 14-year-old guy with a gun, but miraculously survived from the bloody wounds. Regardless, he had no other choice but to migrated to Japan to live with his grandparents, as they were the only other biological members he had.

He didn't have a close relationship with said grandparents, as they passed away shortly after his arrival due to their old age. South himself admits that he didn't feel any sympathy for them, nor feel happy about it. He accepted that it was expecting for the oldies to move on from life, that's just the way of life.

In 2004, he was arrested for the crimes he did in Brazil and was sentence to a supposed 3 years in prison at Kantou.  While spending his time there, he managed to make some friends with some other delinquents, who were either irrelevant now or were long forgotten.

But the reason one might wonder was, what is he doing here outside of prison? Ain't he supposed to be serving his sentence in prison?

Well, to keep it simple, his sentence was shortened to a single year due to good behaviour, releasing him around February 2005. The violent man learned that he can pretend to be a good person in the police's eyes for a short sentence, which did work in his favour.

One day, he was shopping for the usual groceries, mostly cup noodles and pre-packaged bentos to save up his money, since his grandparents didn't leave a lot of money in their will. Even more lucky was the fact that they were at a good discount, so it was a good bargain to begin with.

He planned to go back home, doing his usual shit like wondering about his life. That was until he saw an odd sight, a girl with short-haired practising her fighting skills, or at least attempting to, judging by her amateur moves. Still, it caught his interest enough for him to strike a conversation with her.