𝐂𝐡.54: 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲, 2018

WARNING: THIS IS A VERY DARK CHAPTER, SO PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION. 

(yes, this will also impact you mentally. prepare some tissues just in case.)

Evening, 10 January 2018 (Wednesday)

1st pov

Coming out of the portal, I arrived in an empty alleyway, filled with rubbish bins and a tent that belongs to a homeless person. The way the term 'homeless' meant in Japan is different from where I'm come from.

Wait, why am I thinking about that? I'm here to visit a place, one where it is important.

As I open up my phone, I check the time to learn that it is the evening, approximately a few hours after Takemichi time leap here. Good, I don't want him to know that I'm here. Yet.

I then search for directions to a shrine through my phone, following its direction till I arrived there minutes later. Standing in front of the shrine, I look inside to see two people in a tent near the shrine itself.

It wasn't until I enter the shrine that I got a closer look at those two people. Two ladies dressed in black formal wear, with their hair tied into a bun in different positions. One of them is serving as a receptionist, taking attendees from family members; the other lady also serves the same job, but takes attendees from anyone in general, like friends and people who know the deceased.

Both are recognisable with their hair buns, with one tied to the bottom and the other to the top. Nevertheless, I immediately recognised them, and it makes things less suspicious since that there are fewer people here, if any.

And so, stepping into the general line, I asked the receptionist a question.

"Is this the funeral of Mitsuya Takashi?" I asked her. She then nodded her hair, before taking out an attendance list.

"State your name, please." she said in a saddened tone, sounding like she's gonna bust tears any moment now.

"Allon." I stated.

"...What's your name again?" the other girl beside her said, looking more confused but in a sad way.

"Allon. Did you not hear that?" I repeated, only for the girl in question to went silence.

"...Allon nii-chan?"

"Are you-"

"Yes, I'm Luna. And this is my sister Mana." the girl replied, referring to the girl that she's comforting right now.

Poor sisters...

"I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences." I told them, feeling guilty of not telling them about it. About how I'm aware of the death.

"Thank you for coming, Allon nii-chan..." Luna said. "You can go inside." she said in a melancholy tone. As she said that, her sister burst into tears, who is still grieving the loss of her brother.

 As she said that, her sister burst into tears, who is still grieving the loss of her brother