𝐂𝐡. 49.5: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐬

3rd pov

While Allon and the others are fighting the Black Dragons, what happens to Hanma and Kisaki? Where were they during the whole thing, after they left the church successfully tricking Takemichi and Chifuyu in the process,.

It was too bad that Allon couldn't make it due to personal matters at the last minute, as they were hoping to betray Allon as well. Oh well, at least he would have a hard time, they thought.

Hanma asked Kisaki why he decided to work with the three of them if he had already decided on betraying them in the first place. Kisaki smiles, saying that it was fun to render them powerless, to which Hanma laughs, saying that Kisaki is the only person who can keep him entertained.

That was the last time they talked to each other today before they go on their separate ways.

For Hanma, he went to buy some snacks for the night, like cup noodles and takoyaki for example. Usually at a convenient store for the cheap prices, like 7-Eleven for example.

But for his dinner, he decided to eat chilled green tea soba, packed in a ready-to-eat package. After buying what he needs, he returns to his apartment to get ready for his meal of the night.

His apartment is small, fitting enough for a single guy like him to live in. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a dining room connected to the kitchen and a living room. It's the cheapest he can find, one where he'd live until he can get an affordable job soon.

Then again, who would accept a high-school dropout like him in this society?

Back home, he prepares his soba by pouring the soba sauce before mixing it all together. After all, soba is meant to be served cold, right?

'Oh, drinks! How could I forget that?' he thought as he goes to the fridge to get his orange-flavoured Fanta that he brought from a vending machine the day prior. With that finished, he proceed to bring his meal near the television to watch anything that'll entertain him.

Meanwhile, Kisaki is staying at his home, making himself dinner in the kitchen. His parents are on vacation currently, celebrating Christmas together. While they indeed ask their son to join them for the trip, Kisaki ultimately declines the offer for his own personal reasons as expected.

For today, he chooses to make Yakimeshi 焼飯, Japanese fried rice that is considered a popular simple dish, perfect for himself. He adds egg, green peas, and salmon into the rice, while also preparing both miso soup and green tea for himself.

With all that said and done, he then proceed to eat his dish, finding it delicious as always. After all, he learns how to cook at a young age from his mother, which comes in handy for his own survival.

As both of them eat their food, one thing comes to mind. Both of them are thinking about that day, the day that both of them meet each other.

Back in July 2005, a fight had attracted a crowd, who were amazed at a then 16-year old Shuji Hanma's fighting skills, defeating 10 people alone. He's infamous in the Kabukicho district, recognised by his hand tattoos and being called "The Reaper".

However, Hanma felt bored with the world, as his single point in life is to find excitement. What used to be a means to relieve his intense boredom by taking street violence, ends up sinking into apathy as he continues to win every fight without much effort.

Is he going to continue living this dull life until the day he dies? That's what he thought as he takes off a cigarette while standing above his defeated opponents.

Little did he know at the time, that day would be the day that his life took a turn for the better when two Moebius members push through the crowd, and Osanai tells him that someone wants to see him.