𝐂𝐡.51: 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞

1st pov

It's been four days since the Christmas incident, and the last day of the year has arrived. Well, more like the last day of 2005, but you get the idea by now.

Looking out of the snowing window, I start thinking about everything that has happened up to this point. Preventing Baji's death, the Christmas Conflict went exactly like the canon, with Brahman and Rokuhara Handai fighting way earlier than intended, and the involvement of Mason's friends.

Safe to say, it has been one hectic ride.

After the incident, I apologised to Chifuyu and Takemichi for not telling them about Kisaki and Hanma's betrayal, as I knew it beforehand but decided not to tell them for the timeline to go well. Both of them eventually forgive me, recognising that I was also getting back up.

While I was expecting Chifuyu to know that Takemichi's a time-leaper, I wasn't expecting him to also know that I'm a time-traveller, which is also one of the reasons why he was pissed at me.

Turn out that Takemichi was the one who told him about it, which is unexpected but not surprising. If I'm angry at the fact that Takemichi told Chifuyu about it, isn't that hypocritical since I also told Hina, Naoto, Baji and Kazutora about it.

Oh, and also Choji, but Mason was the one who told him technically.

Oh, how time has passed by quickly. Just a minute ago I was starting this adventure, and now I'm here in the middle of it. Time does pass by quickly, huh?

And also learning the fact that Hanma's a simp for Kisaki ain't a surprise. But Kisaki being a closeted bisexual is one surprise that caught me off guard. Still doesn't excuse him from his actions, but I hope that the ship can sail.

"Allon, today is New Year's Eve. Got any ideas?" Mason messaged me as I look at my phone. Now that I think about it, Takemichi and the others will be at the shrine to celebrate New Year's Eve.

"What about the shrine? Shouldn't we celebrate with our friends at Shibuya" I replied to him.

"Sure, I'm on the way to your house right now." he texted me back before he comes out from a portal.

"Great, it's been a while since we last spend time together." I said. "So how're your friends at Hope Peak's?"

"The usual. They're doing fine ever since I bring them back to my world." he stated. Right, we did bring the others back to Mason's world after the incident. Almost forgot about that.

"Guess I'll explain it to you, huh?" Mason said before explaining how the Japanese celebrate New Year's Eve. In Japan, the locals celebrate a traditional celebration called Ōmisoka (大晦日) or some people call it ōtsugomori (大晦).

First, both of us had to clean up the house, which is an exhausting task for a lazy bastard like me, but even more so with how big the house is. Eventually, we manage to clean the house thanks to the use of brooms, vacuums and mops. Don't worry, the house is soundproof, so nobody can hear the loud noise.

After that, the both of us eat dinner, which consists of osechi (御節料理, お節料理 or おせち) and toshikoshi soba (年越し蕎麦). Pack inside of a special box called Jūbako (重箱), osechi is traditional Japanese New Year snack like datemaki (which is like tamagoyaki but with fish paste), and kamaboko (fish cake) for example.

Do I like it? Not really my cup of tea, but I do enjoy the datemaki.

As for the soba, I decided to eat it plain, as opposed to eating it with tempura. I do pleasantly enjoy it, but I'm not gonna immediately make it my favourite yet. That may take a while.