I'll be needing stitches.

Start from the beginning

"Sam I need you to...Sam?" Madelyn said but I stayed quiet under the table "I thought she was eating her lunch out here" I heard my phone start to ring so she walks over and picks it up and I stay hidden "hello?...yes it's her...Sam is out on lunch...what!?" I'm in trouble "wait what happened to her hand?" Now I'm definitely in trouble "why am I just now being informed of this...of course I didn't know, do you really think I'd let her work like that...do you know where she is?...great okay I'm hanging up now" I heard her hit the button but then she started hitting buttons then my phone started to ring and I panicked trying to turn it off but she already hung it up so I closed my eyes and I heard her moving around and coming to my side of the desk then I heard her crouch down "what are you doing?" She calmly. She was to calm. She reached over and pulled the belt from my mouth.

"Well I uh...it was either this or liquid glue and I didn't like the idea of having glue holding it together"

"Let me see it" she said and reached her hand out and I hesitantly reached out and gave her my hand "can you not feel it?" She asked touching gently around it.

I used my free hand and grabbed the numbing cream and handed it to her.

"What else do you have under there?" She asked.

I pushed the suturing kit out and she didn't say anything for a good minute.

"Why didn't you say something?"

"Because I could've dealt with it on my own"

"You can't stitch your own hand Sam"

"Ms. Hill remember"

"Sam shut up" she put my hand into better lighting and I heard the elevator open but I couldn't see since I was still under the desk and she didn't bother looking up.

"Ms. Jackson? Is everything okay?"

"Yes Hudson, everything is fine"

"Who's hand is that?"

"It's mine" I said.

"Do you want me to look at it?" She asked.

"We're fine thank you very much" Madelyn said sarcastically.

"Are you sure I studied to be a nurse and if you don't want the hospital I could stitch it up for you"

"Really?" I asked.

"No" Madelyn said.

"I would appreciate that very much" I said. "Ms. Jackson I'm sure you have better things to be doing right now"

She rolled her eyes "fine, if you need me you know where to find me" she said and let go of my hand then walked to her office and Jennifer came over and saw my whole set up but didn't say anything.

She held onto my hand looking at it in the light "it's not to bad. No need for stitches but you were close to needing them this is maybe a 3/16 and a 1/4 is when you should get stitches. You're off by a sixteenth" she grabbed the first aid kit from my bag and put antibiotic cream on it then started dressing the wound "why are you under a table Ms. Hill?"

"I was planning on stitching my own hand and didn't want anybody to see so I hid"

"From what I seen ms. Jackson would've helped you"

"I didn't need her help"

She smiled "I think Ms. Jackson has a crush on you Ms. Hill"

"What? Of course she doesn't"

"She let you sleep in her office"

"She was just helping because she knows I'm caring for a child right now"