She smiled and went to lean in but the door burst open and the crazy lady from earlier came in and she looked pissed and Evelyn was behind her looking like a scolded child carrying the two boxes I didn't grab earlier.

The woman's face dropped when she saw me holding the baby then she looked between the two girls "which one of you had a baby? And why wasn't I told of it!?"

"Mom, he's Sam's baby"

"Who's Sam?"

Madelyn stood next to me with her back straight. Mom? Did I shut the door in their mothers face!? Oh my god I called her a bitch to their faces!

"Mother, this is Sam" Madelyn said and put her hand on my shoulder and Evelyn sat her boxes down and came and did the same to my other shoulder.

She looked down at me "let me guess you're not sure which one got you pregnant. You know what I don't care, give me my grandbaby" she said and put her arms out.

I looked up to the women who had my shoulders hoping they'd say something but they didn't so I was left to do it myself. "He's not your grandbaby"

"So he's a bastard?"

Technically but I wasn't about to let her call him that "no, I'm nothing to your daughter's and this is my kid"

"So you're just here to suck the life and money from my daughters"

"No, I actually thought as soon as Madelyn knew I was now responsible for a child she'd kick me to the curb and I'd have to figure something else out"

"Now responsible?"

"I don't owe you an explanation to anything"

"Because you're lying? Give me my grandson"

"No"

She looked angry and the hands on my shoulder tightened a bit but not trying to hurt me but instead to warn me because they know what happens when this woman is told no. "What?"

"I said no"

"I don't think you know who I am" she said.

I leaned back in my chair and shrugged "I don't think you know who I am either"

"Is that a threat? I can have you kicked out of here"

"Go ahead and try" I said getting pissed.

She smiled and pulled out her phone and made a call "what's your full name?" She asked.

"My legal name is Ben Dover"

"Ben Dover" she said into the phone and I heard laughing on the otherside and she had to think about it before she got even more pissed than before "real name"

I rolled my eyes "Samantha Hill. Go ahead and do your worst"

She smiled "I will" she said my name into the phone and had a short conversation with whoever it was on the phone before hanging up "so you lived in a crack house before you came here?"

"Actually I was in a hotel for a night and before that I lived with a friend in the same crack house for like a week before that I lived with Madelyn but before that I lived in a run down, safety hazard called an apartment complex yes" I said.

She looked to her daughter's "is that really the type of woman you want as a mother to your kid?"

"Yes" they both said at the same time then looked at each other for a second.

She scoffed "why did I even bother coming to visit"

"Did you need money?" Evelyn asked quietly.

"No, I'm doing fine on my own" her mother said "come here and give me a proper greeting" she told her and Evelyn slowly let go of my shoulder and walked over to her mother and she hugged Evelyn but Evelyn didn't hug back and Madelyn was forced to do the same thing.