Getting Along I See

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to intrude..." I trailed off.

"Don't worry. We have two spare rooms. My sisters are out so it's ok. My dad won't mind. He's eager to meet you... It's if you're ok with it, of course......I understand if you..." he looked so sad. I couldn't help but want to make him smile again. I liked the feeling.

"No, no, no!" I shouted waving my hands to dismiss it. "It's not that" I smiled as he at least stopped frowning. "I'd love to." And there it was, that smile. I think my own just turned larger.

"Great! Uh...I'll pick you up later on. Emily wants to take you shopping, so....yea.... Bye, Violet." I hugged him.

"Thank you and good bye." I said as he smiled and walked backwards towards the door. I giggled when he bumped into it. I turned to Emily who was grinning.

"I think he likes you!" she stated happily. I blushed.

"I-I h-hardly know him" I stuttered out.

"But you will, soon. Actually, we better get going then... I'll just get my purse and..." I stopped her.

"No, it's ok. I have some money with me. You've done enough as it is. Thank you." I smiled and she smiled back.

"Well, ok then. Let's go," she said as she grabbed my hand and led the way to a beat-up black truck. I saw another girl there. "I hope you don't mind. This is Kim. She wanted to meet you. She's Jared's im- I mean, his girlfriend." I gave a confused look at to what she was about to say, but shrugged it off as nothing and my expression changed to happiness as I shook her hand.

"Hey, Jared told me about you. Sorry..." she gave me a sad look. I smiled

"It's ok. It's in the past. I'm Violet."

"Kim! Nice to meet you" She smiled as she introduced herself. "I have a feeling you'll fit right in." she said, causing her and Emily to giggle. I smiled, nervous now.

"Am I missing something?" I asked. They dismissed that with a shake of their heads.

"No, no it's just a woman's intuition. Isn't it, Kim?" Kim nodded at Emily's statement. "Well, let's get going then." With that, I got inside the vehicle.

We had spent a total of 6 hours at the mall in Port Angels. I had bought 5 shirts, 3 long sleeves, 4 tank tops, 5 shorts, 5 jeans and two pairs of shoes, 1 pair of sneakers, two sets of flip flops, and two sets of flats along with underwear and bras, course. Emily and Kim were shocked that I had so much cash, but I told them I had a savings account and took out all my money before deciding to leave. They nodded, not wanting to further question me. I even bought them a few things. Like I got Emily two dresses she said she liked and Kim got 5 shirts she thought were cute. In the end I had enough for lunch at the carts.

"Hungry?" I asked them.

"Oh no, it's ok. I'm waiting until the wel-I mean, the bonfire." she corrected herself. I nodded and looked at Emily questioningly.

"Oh, don't worry. It's late....um...wow...really late! We left the house at 12 and now it's 6. We should head over there now. Jake will be there to pick you up." I nodded. "You can eat there. We usually just hang out there for a while and Old Quil, Quil's grandfather, and Billy, Jake's dad, tell the stories of our ancestors." she informed me. Oh yea! The wolves. I remember the original wolves. The ones we made the treaty with. That was a good many years ago. Maybe a whole generation or two ago. I smiled and nodded my head. "Great let's go." With that, we left arm in arm like if we were best friends. I honestly already thought them as just that. I smiled the whole way there.

*Jacob's POV*

-"Dadddd!" I whined. "Not tonight. Don't creep her out. I want to get her ready before I tell her ANYTHING." I told him.

"What's the matter, Jake? Haven't made a move, yet?" asked Paul. I growled.

"Shut up, Paul! Please, Dad, don't tell them today. At least not this time. She doesn't need nightmares." he sighed.

"Fine, son, but YOU will tell the stories in the next one." I complained and eventually gave in. I muttered fine and he grinned. "Great! Can't wait to meet her!"

"Great, cause here she comes." said Quil.

"Who come Qwuil?" asked little Claire. He and Sam had gone over to pick her up.

"A girl..." He said as he smiled at her and continued to play with her.

I

saw Violet come closer and saw she was wearing the same thing except with different foot wear. They were flip flops. I guess Emily told her about the beach. I wish she would have put on a different shirt. The guys kept looking at her chest, and quite frankly, so was I. Then Claire dropped the pebbles she had in her hand and ran to her. I was surprised.

"Hi pwetty lady, hi Emiwy, Hi Kim!" she shouted. Emily picked her up and I saw Violet blush when I smiled towards her.

"Hi Claire! Violet this is little Claire, Claire this is VIOLET" she said slowly.

"Why_ let!" She shouted slowly. Violet smiled and looked at Emily asking to hold her.

"Hello, Claire. Wow, what a pretty dress you have! Is yellow your favorite color?" She nodded quickly.

"Uh huh. Yewow. Qwil like Yewow, too!" she said as she pointed to Quil. "Qwil like Claire, too" she said smiling.

"Does he, now? Well Violet like Claire very much, too." she said as she tickled her. She just began to laugh before she put her down so Claire could run back over to Quil to talk to him about Violet. She looked so motherly. I could already imagine how she'd be with her own kids, with OUR kids. The thought put a goofy grin on my face.

"Jake! Their talking to you." said my Dad as I came out of my day dream.

"Huh? Oh yea! Hey, Violet. Um, this is my dad. Dad, this is Violet." I introduced them. They shook hands.

"Thank you for letting me stay, sir. That was very generous of you." she said smiling.

"No problem. Name's Billy Black. Call me Billy. No Mister Black or sir, you hear?" he said smiling at her. "Besides Jake here practically begged me." I blushed but smiled when I saw that so did she.

"Thanks, Dad." I said showing that I was annoyed.

"Anytime, son." he said smiling. That made Violet giggle. Damn I think I fell deeper in love with her. Her bell like laugh was amazing...

"Oh Shit! Bella!" I shouted. "Uh, I'll be back, okay?" I told her as I ran over to my rabbit. I jumped in and noticed the clock read 8. Wow time flew by.