Chapter 56

The 2nd Letter

Dear Frankie,

I hope this letter finds you well. So much time has passed since everything happened with Corey. As I sit here contemplating all the events that has taken place, I cant help but think about how Child Protective Services would show up to his momma's apartment at the Red Stone Housing Projects weekly, like clockwork. I lived just behind those projects in Section 8 housing where the most drug deals took place. I was always watching every time the police showed up at the projects due to a domestic disturbance between his folks. I was also watching every time Child Protective Services sent that social worker lady they called Muh over there. Ms. Hattie Lee was such a nice lady. I didn't have a wife, but I did have three kids I was raising on my own. Their momma was a crack whore who spent her time on street corners and wallowing in the gutter; so it left me rather lonely. Well, that's all I can tell you for now. I'll write again soon, but please don't be mad at Corey. Not for robbing those rich folks, or for killing himself either. After everything he'd been through, outside of the constant beatings, starvation and all that stuff, he didn't deserve the abuse from Kevin. Although, I cannot reveal to you who I am just yet, I feel I've said enough until next time.

Signed: The Righteous Sinner