Chapter 1

Big Star

"I'll turn this motherfucker inside out and blow the roof off this bitch!" Big Star screamed as he repetitively jumped up and down like he was a heavyweight champion inside the boxing ring, all the while smoothing back his long, silky, straight black hair. He was actually inside Ratty's, a popular juke joint on the run down side of town. He calmed down just long enough to eye the crowd casually spread out around the room as he kissed the rings he wore on each of his fingers. When he got to the ring on his pinky finger, he gave it a long smooch and let out a dramatic swak sound popping his lips, followed by dramatic laughter. At 5'4" he may have been short in stature, but he was tall in gall. As micro sized as he was, especially to be a bona fide pimp, he still induced fear in his cohorts on an unprecedented level. In his mind, he was the king of ding-a-ling with an attitude, as he would say, "for kicking butt enforced by deez nuts." Everyone inside the little wooden shack that doubled as a club knew he meant business. He was the real deal, and always had been. Notorious for being notorious, he lived a long time in oblivion, with it taking an even longer time for him to refine the events of his life's timeline. Here's an introduction to his story from his own lips.

She died so I could live. That is the thing that toys with my psyche the most. The way I balanced myself in the distance watching from the cabin and laughing so heartily, cause it was hysterically funny to me. I knew someone's tail was being roasted; but, what I didn't contemplate was the tail belonged to my momma. Little did I know she was being burned alive as I snickered from beyond the borders of the tree line a short distance away. The toughest axiom for me to swallow is that I don't know in what way I would've wilded out if I'd known it was her. What you have to understand is that she wasn't just anyone. She was the fiercest madam to step foot in the game, and the most legendary woman to ever birth such a bonafide pimp of my era. You see, she didn't take no smack off anyone, including me, her only son. Although, I was projected to be six foot two, I inevitably reached my peak at five foot four and never grew another inch. It didn't matter to Madam Lottie though, cause she pushed me to be more of everything I wasn't. More ambitious. More notorious. More ruthless than she ever was, and way more cutthroat than what was needed to survive this dirty game. And, a dirty game it was indeed. Even with the fifteen hard years on lock down I spent behind the maximum security gates of a federal prison, there is no plausible recompense for the ill will that was thrusts upon the countless young girls that sought refuge in our care.

The day I ascertained my momma disappeared; I was crushed. Not just in my heart, but deep in my soul, cause Madam Lottie inaugurated me to every trick I ever knew. She also made every trick I ever turned. And, believe me when I tell you I turned them, right on out to the evil streets; cause I was the most epic pimp with the most debauched whores. One of them was a wide-eyed gal by the name of Charlene. While she didn't bear any aesthetic splendor, she did know how to flick her wrist and throw down with a cast iron skillet. More so, the way she flicked her tongue commanded respect on the level of a mafia Don. She was one whose presence has stuck with me throughout my infamous career; however, the most notorious of my spawn was the legendary Vanessa Shelton. Now, she was a trailblazer that set everything in her path ablaze. I mean literally! She was DYNAMITE, you hear me? Pure T'n'T that almost got the best of me, but only almost. It was just something about her that set off little grenades on my inside. It is utter fascination how she went from being a lowly prostitute to a billionaire equestrian. It never entered into my realm of coherence that she possessed the seeds of origin for eternal greatness within her. During the time I was doing all my dirt, I never caught on to the sparks that emanated from her. I guess I was so occupied with getting my shine on, I missed all the glitter that radiated from the very essence of her being. Anyway, our history is short, but our intertwining paths are long. Generational, you might even say. If it weren't for her Uncle Hoochie, I bet she would've been pushing up daisies a long time ago; but, I couldn't touch her. That would've brought more heat than me or any of my people were ready for. Hoochie was a wig splitter in his own right, and what one would refer to as a blazing trendsetter. He would blaze your ass in ways never perceived by the conventional man. These days, I still can't touch Vanessa, and it's not because of who her uncle is, but rather, the nobility that accompanies her stature. You see the Shelton family has a long history. It's about as long as my own. Hoochie and I used to run the streets of Helmsville together coming up. He was a bad ass young cat that had no qualms about anything. I was the same, but there was no limit to the shit I indulged in, cause I was fortunate enough to have my momma supporting my back from every angle, in every endeavor, I chose to partake in. Hoochie didn't have that luxury, so he really had to scheme upon some shit to make a better way. Not just for himself, but all of his family. They all relied on him, and although he had a rough start in life, he master minded his circumstances to flip the script on his shitty start in life to a respectable name for them all. Even still, if you were privy to the things about them I know, you wouldn't want to do battle with the Shelton family anyway. Not then, not now, not ever!