His...

His Broken Spell Part 5 (Mateo's POV)

He did not know back then that the price for giving in to his desires would cost him. He admitted that he was out of focus that was why it was too late before he realized the werewolves were coming at them.

He fought alongside Dionne but it was not enough. One of the werewolves pierced its sharp claws on his legs. He could still fight, though. A wound on the leg would not stop him in defending himself and Dionne.

Not until he was severely wounded and lost too much blood.

When his consciousness returned, he realized that he was back in the manor. Karyl tended to his wounds while vampire escorts were out searching for the Ethereal creatures who captured Dionne.

Dionne's family was clearly enraged but they were level headed enough not to waste time in putting the blame on him. They would rather put all their energy and efforts in their search.

He was not aware that Von sent the fastest messenger up north to deliver the news to Irina, the head of their family. It did not take Irina many days to arrive at the manor since she and Ghandi were already in the Western Continent when the messenger met them.

While the rest of the family kept their cool, he did not expect Irina to lose hers.

"I trusted Dionne for her decision in befriending you," she said with her eyes piercing him and fangs showing, looking like an agitated wild cat. He was not afraid of Irina but he was heavy with fear for Dionne..

Javier and Nadia received their punishments from Von and Annette, but Irina still demanded their presence in the office. The Huxley's were also there.

All seemed to be guilty for having a part in Dionne's disappearance.

"We've taken care of Dionne for years before she woke up. And another year after. And now, you tell me... that you weren't able to protect her? What kind of sorcerer are you?"

She did not even shout at him. She just used her normal voice but he was sure that everyone in the room could feel uncomfortable because of the strong aura radiating off her.

The red haired vampire punched him twice on the face and pushed him with her vampire strength. He went flying across the room and slumped his body on the wall.

His coven members were on their own missions. Not a single sorcerer was in the manor so he was on his own if ever the vampires decided to get rid of him. He was thinking of several ways to escape and find Dionne.

When he coughed blood, Karyl and Ghandi came to his side to tend to him. That was when he realized that he was wrong.

He was not on his own because the Huxley's had opened their door for him—for them. They looked after the woman he loved and because of that, Dionne was able to wake from her slumber. She was able to cross paths with him.

The least he could do was to take responsibility.

"Ghandi, you'll go with me to look for that traitor. Theodore, Jugger, go with Mateo. Annette, send all the available vampire escorts to go on a hunt."

"I'll have as many search parties as I can," Annette said.

"Von and Karyl, I'll leave the manor to you." Von and Karyl nodded.

Irina looked him directly in the eye, "Do not come back until you find her."

She need not say twice.

Mateo would turn over rocks and search every nook of the provinces and cities in the Western Continent. And if she was not there, he would gladly scour the Northern and Southern Continents.