Chapter 1

It had been almost one year since Dionne regained her consciousness from half a century of slumber. One year full of physical and mental therapy and she only regained her ability to move but not her memories. Adjusting to the advancements of this era was not really hard for her since she had no past to compare her present to.

A lot of her questions were still unanswered but she chose to take on her second chance in life one step at a time. Now, she had to learn everything almost from scratch.

It was a good thing that Dionne was treated as one of the Huxley's, Irina's family, which had seven main members. Now, she was the eighth.

"You're just in time. Dinner's almost ready. Why don't you sit with the rest of the family?" said Von, the head of the household of the manor. He was also a member of the family, his copper colored hair and light green eyes were very similar to Irina's. .

"I will do just that. Thank you, Von," she agreed and proceeded to the dining area.

The dining room was one of the biggest rooms in Irina's manor and it was located on the second landing of the middle hall. Its walls were lined with oak cabinets that housed precious antique cutlery. Three huge chandeliers dangled high above the thirty-seater long table which was placed in the center of the room.

"Dionne! We're glad you could make it to dinner," greeted Annette.

The woman was cheery but she was also very business-like especially in how she carries herself. Her short black hair was always kept in neat fashion and her bluish gray eyes were friendly yet calculative.

"We thought that you couldn't join us again. We barely see you nowadays," the rowdy one, Theodore, added.

"Yeah. Honestly, we miss your face. I'm so sick of seeing Theo's face all the time," teased Jugger, the one whose rowdiness was at par with Theodore's.

The two men were inseparable, good thing that their appearances were very distinct to differentiate them. Theodore had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes; Jugger had brown hair and gray eyes.

"And you thought that we're not sick of looking at your face? Why are you even wearing that stupid glasses? It's not like you have an eye problem," Theodore snickered back.

"This is fashion. Spell it, F-A-S-H-I-O-N. Someone like you wouldn't understand," Jugger replied as he rolled his eyes.

The two men bickered and teased each other. Dionne was not surprised to be greeted by the two stubborn heads. She just proceeded to her assigned seat beside Annette and caught up with everything that they missed out on each other's lives. All the while, the two men were seated in front of Dionne, still arguing like children.

Though the table can accommodate thirty people at the same time, it was rarely full. Right now, only four people were about to eat dinner, or so Dionne thought.

"Stop it, both of you or I'll make sure that you'd have eye defects by the end of this dinner," Irina's unmistakable icy tone cut off Theodore and Jugger's childish quarrel.

Dionne saw that Irina was not alone. Von was tailing behind her and the healer, Karyl, entered the kitchen. Maids followed then immediately set the table for everyone. Von took his seat beside the men while Karyl seated beside Dionne.

"I won't be joining the dinner tonight. Jugger, Theodore," Irina called for the two while she stood beside her chair at the head of the table.

"Yes, ma'am!" the two men replied, gone were the playful tone they had earlier.

"Pack supplies for one week then meet me at the garage in two hours," she commanded.

Sometimes, Irina would need to take someone with her when she was on business trips. It could be any member of the family and tonight, it was Jugger and Theodore.