His...

His Broken Spell Part 3 (Mateo's POV)

The vampires told them that they could be trusted. Mateo and the other sorcerers had no choice but to go with them since they were outnumbered.

Dionne slept throughout the whole journey. He knew that her ankles were badly injured so he would volunteer to carry her. But it seemed that her vampire brothers did not want him close.

The vampire named Theodore carried her inside the manor with the other vampire, Jugger, following after them.

They were given the freedom to choose their personal rooms so he chose a room three doors from Dionne's.

Theodore and Jugger came knocking at his door to give him fresh clothes. Nonetheless, he knew that they had other reasons to be there.

"Let's have that bro talk," Jugger said as he went inside Mateo's room without waiting for his permission.

"What's the real deal with you and Dionne? She sees you as a trusted friend. But what about you?" Theodore asked while he sat on one of the chairs.

"At first, I was only to spy on your family and she was my information source. But I genuinely consider her as my friend along the way."

Theodore nodded. "She's different, you know. She's still learning and rediscovering herself after she woke up from a fifty year coma."

"She did tell us about it."

"So, do you understand why we are asking for your motives with her?" Jugger asked.

"You don't want your sister to be hurt," he nodded.

"As I said, she considers you a friend. What about you?" Theodore asked.

"I also see her as a friend."

The two vampires stared at him as if telling him to drop his bull crap act.

"Fine. I do see her as a friend. But I intend for us to be something more."

"Good that you admit that you have feelings for her. But please make a move in the far, far future. Don't rush her," Jugger requested.

"Be patient with her and never hurt her."

He nodded. "I don't plan to. I want shower her with kisses—"

"What?!"

His eyes widened as he realized his slip. "—Kindness! I mean I want to shower her with kindness."

The two narrowed their eyes at him.

"We're serious. Don't hurt her. We don't want to witness another devastating heartbreak."

"What happened to Irina was enough," Jugger mumbled to himself.

After that serious talk, the two vampires' personalities turned a hundred and eighty degrees. Gone were their serious persona. They now showed their true colors and told him that they should be best buddies.

At least they welcomed him and did not interfere with him and Dionne.

Another serious talk occurred when the Huxley's revealed The House's secrets. Bill and the others joined in fulfilling the organization's agenda and Mateo volunteered to be Dionne's trainer.

"You'll still be limping so I think we will take our training slowly," he said as he helped her fix the pillows and the blankets.

"Yes, Master," she agreed.

His eyes widened as soon as the words left her mouth. "What did you call me?"

"Master. I'm going to be your apprentice, right?"