Chapter 30

They stayed still for a few more seconds, basking in each other's warmth. Sounds of their pants and crickets outside filled the night.

"How do you feel?" He asked moving his head to stare into her eyes.

"I feel great." She was ecstatic. So that was how it felt to reach a climax.

He chuckled and got up. She just stayed unmoving on the bed and when he returned, he had a washcloth with him.

"I can—"

"Let me," he said as he gently wiped her stomach and hands. "I'm sorry I lost control. I don't want you to think that I can't control myself."

"I do not think of you that way."

"But it was supposed to be your moment," he sighed, shaking his head.

"And I get to share my moment with you," she smiled.

"Still..."

"Do you regret it?"

"Absolutely not," he gave her a peck on the lips.

"Then stop worrying."

Suddenly, he seemed embarrassed. She knew because he was rubbing his nape. "So, how do you want to proceed with our relationship?"

"I like you and you said that you like me. We should be together." Why was he asking? It was that simple, honestly.

"Just to be clear. Together, as in lovers, alright?"

"Yes. I do not think friends watch each other sexually gratify themselves. And I do not–"

He stopped her with a lingering kiss. "I get it. And I also don't want to settle as friends."

Their bodies were pressed as they kissed once again. His tongue lazily traced her bottom lip as he caressed her cheeks. Instead of a fervent kiss, they had a slow and sweet one that made her heart melt.

He held her against his chest. She could hear his fast-paced heartbeat and knew that he was still full of adrenaline. But he did not act upon it.

"Sleep," he said.

___

She was dreaming but it felt like what she was seeing happened before. She was in an old shack. The wooden walls were almost falling apart. There was a couch in the room but there were no decorations, no luxuries that she was used to having in the manor.

Her heart beat fast when she heard footsteps. She felt a familiar fear, like she was used to being afraid whenever she heard the floorboards creak. She looked towards the direction of the opened door and waited for the person to come closer. She was—

She was brought back to consciousness. Then the moment her eyes snapped open, she felt them.

Looking around, Mateo was also wide awake.

"We have to go now. Do you sense them?" He said as he helped her get up.

"Yes. But I don't understand. The cloaking spell in the cabin should've hidden our magic. How do they know that we're here?" she asked as he grabbed a coat and placed it around her. It was still the middle of the night and her thin nightwear would not help protect against the chilly air.

"I don't know how they found this place. When we get out of the door, can you cast a suppressing spell around us?"

She nodded.

"Okay. Do it and I'll be on defense."

He slowly opened the door and looked around. She could see some movements in the direction towards the waterfalls where one vampire escort was camped.