Chapter 34

The rainy season started a few weeks ago and the onslaught of typhoons in their continent was inevitable.

"I do not agree with this, Esme. We can just go there once the storm passes," she said.

Esme insisted that they go to the next province while the typhoon had not yet reached it. They would bring boxes of food and water for the possible typhoon casualties.

"We might as well go now," her friend said as both of them looked at the dark and heavy clouds forming in the direction of the province they were supposed to go to.

"The rain and winds had not come yet. We still have a few hours to spare. Besides, the boxes were ready," Esme begged.

"I do not like this idea, I tell you. But I cannot stop you, can I?"

"No. Besides, we won't be driving the trucks. Mr. Crawley and Mr. Smith are skilled drivers. Promise," Esme said while raising her right hand.

"Alright. But when the rain starts falling, we have to stop at an inn."

"You are too cautious on this. Relax. We will deliver the goods safely and besides, it will only take what? Three or four hours to get there."

"I do not want to think about the people in the shelter," Esme said as she packed a small bag for the trip. "The news said that the typhoon was unexpectedly a strong one. Those people need to have food and blankets to warm them."

Dionne shook her head. She knew how kind hearted Esme was, that was why between the two of them, she tried to remain the cautious one.

Esme's heart was always ready to help people. Her kindness knew no danger.

"If we meet an accident, we would not be able to deliver the items to the typhoon victims. So we should also be careful," she said as she helped her friend pack.

"Nothing will happen," Esme smiled at her.

A few minutes later they were in the truck; Dionne was in the first truck while Esme was seated in the second truck just behind the first one.

Dionne often checked the side view mirror to look into the second truck, driven by Mr. Smith, behind them. She felt tense when a small drizzle started to pour, until it was already raining so hard.

"I think we should stop at a hotel first, Mr. Crawley," she told the driver.

"I believe so, too, ma'am. The nearest hotel is only fifteen minutes away," the driver said as he changed course. The second truck would follow where they were going and she knew that Esme had an idea that they would not be continuing their journey.

But they were not able to reach the hotel.

The rain fell so hard that it provided little to no visibility in the road.

Dionne's truck was about to traverse at a crossroad when there was a car that lost its breaks. It skidded in front of them and with her heightened senses, she immediately assessed that it has a family with three little children in them.

Children. She had to do something to keep them safe.

Before any collision happened, Dionne used a gust of wind fused with rain as a force field that would push the car to a different direction. The strong winds also served as a cushion that slowed the car to avoid impact on the trees.

The car gradually slowed down until it reached a safe area beside the road.

However, because she focused on the car, she lost her concentration on their truck. Mr. Crawley panicked because of the approaching car earlier, he instantly swerved to another direction—and it was towards the little clearing where a residential area stood.