furniture? stolen. clothes? stolen. heart? stolen.

Start from the beginning

"Don't go fast and hit the brakes every now and then just in case I missed a hole or something"

"Okay. Is this why you don't have a car?"

"No, I can't afford one and I don't like driving it stresses me out and I get distracted to easy"

"It shouldn't stress you out anymore than staying there"

"College is expensive and without any help I got whatever I could and this place wasn't that bad as long as you remember the codes to the people who live there"

"What were those screams?"

"The reason we don't use the pool"

"Why?"

"...bad people live there, but I was nice to their grandma this one time and I'd hang out with her so they all protect me and bring me sweets grammy made but some people owe their family money so at 9:15 a punishment goes down and they throw them into the pool and gives it a small spark from the electric lines, it cuts out the power in the building but their cousin is an electrician so they know how to fix them and they only take about thirty minutes, I highly recommend earbuds but keep one out and listen for the knock"

We stayed quiet for a while and she drove to a fancy part of town "ms.jackson I'm hungry"

"What would you like?"

"A hamburger"

"I'm feeling some guacamole you want some?" She asked with a smile.

"I would love some" I joked back

"Great I know a place"

We drove for a couple more minutes until we got to a really fancy looking restaurant and she pulled over and walked to my side and opened the door for me.

I got out and she started walking ahead towards the door and I looked around until I saw something that interested me. I didn't follow her instead I walked the way that interested me. "Sam?" I heard her say but I kept walking my way and she jogged up to me "Sam"

"Yeah?"

"The restaurant is this way"

"You go ahead but I think I want to go there" I pointed to a diner on the corner.

"Then we can go there, why didn't you just ask instead of leaving me?"

"Sorry"

"It's okay just don't do that anymore" I nodded she grabbed my hand and I looked down at it "to make sure you don't get away from me again" I laughed a bit and we walked to the diner and found a booth and the waitress came up to us and she took our order then went to the back. "You should take the day off tomorrow and go shopping for clothes"

"I don't have any money"

"Use the company card"

"I don't have one"

"It's on your keychain with the key card and your badge"

"What?"

"It's the black card, how did you get all those things yesterday when I sent you shopping?"

"I paid for it"

"What?"

"Yeah, I had to ask my mom to pay rent and the water bill and I was just going to skip lunch until I got paid"

"What about electric and gas?"

"I don't need electric and if I needed it I'd contact that cousin of the family I was telling you about and he'd hook me up and I can take cold showers"