"Oh" I stopped and waited for the elevator but when it opened they weren't there "shit"

"Language"

Okay Steve fucking rogers. "I should head down and see if the front desk has them, they could've been returned to them"

"Go ahead"

I walked into the elevator and hit the button and the doors closed but it didn't move. The fucking elevator card. Damn it.

I pressed the open door button and saw that she was still standing there, she knew that would happen. I held the door open "can you use your card?"

"Yeah of course" she reached into her back pocket and pulled out a landyard with the cards like mine and she started walking towards me but turn and went off path and I watched her scan something else then held the door open for me. "Go ahead" she said.

I moved over to see that the door she opened was the stairwell. "We're on the top floor, that's twenty floors"

"I'm aware, it's my building."

"I'm in heels"

"From my view out my window it looks like you can run in them so a few stairs wont hurt"

She watched me from up here? I walked towards the stairwell and she smiled "take this on your way back too. And when you come in tomorrow I'll be watching this door and this better be the one you come through. I don't want to see you in that elevator until I clear it"

"What?"

"Might want to hurry though, I'm not a patient woman"

I took a deep breath then started going down the stairs and I heard the door shut but she was looking over the railing at me and watched as I went down. I got about three floors down when we couldn't see each other anymore. "Walk quieter" I heard her say.

How do you do that? I tried walking a bit quieter but that also meant I had to walk slower.

"Still to loud"

This bitch. When I got to the next landing I bent down and took my heels off and walked like that and I didn't hear anymore complaints.

My legs hurt and I'm going to cry and I want to just fall down these stairs and I could sue the company and get a nice check and find a new job.

I started humming "stop" I heard from above.

She's still there?

I groaned and walked down all the stairs and when I finally made it to the bottom I felt like just laying down right there. I looked at the clock above the door and seen that it's been fifty three minutes. Fuck.

I grabbed the door handle and tried to pull it open but it stuck "no, no no no. No!" I kicked the door but I wasn't wearing shoes so it just hurt me.

I started knocking on it hoping someone would open it but they didn't. "Fuck!" I yelled.

I heard this bitch yelling down to me "oh I forgot to tell you that you need the card to get out too. How about you come up here and I'll give you my card"

I'm going to kill this bitch. I kept knocking until some man made eye contact with me and walked over and unlocked the door "what are you doing?" He asked.

I put my finger to my mouth shushing him and walked out of the stairwell and shut the door quietly "I'm the new assistant"

"Okay?"

"I dropped my cards in the elevator and I think they were turned in so she made me walk all the stairs but you might want to leave before she figures out it was you who let me out. She wanted me to walk back up to get her card"

"Okay" he nodded and walked off.

"Thank you"

"No problem" he smiled and went to the elevator and left.

I walked on sore legs over to the desk and when the woman from before she seen me she looked confused "you look like shit honey"

"I just walked twenty floors"

"Would you like to sit?"

"I would love to but I'm scared to" she reaches down and grabs my cards handing them to me.

"Here these were turned in here"

"I could kiss you"

She laughed "have a seat I'll get you some water"

"No, she's fine" said a voice behind me and I almost cried but fought it.

I looked to ms.jackson "got them" I showed her.

"Good now I have work I need turned in and you have an hour to do it so get it done, it's very important that you finish it as soon as possible"

"But it takes an hour to walk those stairs, can I take the elevator?"

"No, but if you agree to go a few streets over and grab me what I have written on this list and bring it back I'll give you an extra ten minutes" 

"It'd take me ten minute get there, and I don't have my phone or anything"

"Why would you need that?"

"What if you decide that you left something off the list?"

"Are you saying I don't know what I want?"

Yes. "Of course not"

Here, she handed me my wallet and a flip phone? "The numbers in that phone is my personal number, my work phone, and Roxanne here's number but I will be checking your call log so if you called anybody else you batter have a good reason and you're only to call Roxanne if it's an emergency"

"If I'm to call her in an emergency then why is your number in here?"

She shrugged "why not,"

"Can I at least have an extra twenty minutes?"

"Twelve"

"Eighteen"

"Thriteen"

"Fifteen"

"Fine"

"Thank you, where's the list?"

"I think I might have forgot it on my desk" my face dropped "I'm joking here" she reached into her pocket. I swear I was one word from have a breakdown.

She handed me the list and I started walking out "you might want to put your shoes back on"

I silently groaned and was cussing her out in my head. I leaned against the desk and she walked over to me and made me step away from any objects "better?" She asked.

I smiled at her and nodded. I hate you. I put my shoes on with wobbly legs and I wanted to lay down.

My feet were killing me!

I smiled and turned around and walked out the door trying my best to not show that I could barely walk.

As soon as I got out of view of the company I flipped her off and said a few curse words and took my shoes off, I don't really care what's on these streets.