!!HERMITCRAFT CHAPTER!! Rule One: No Redstone (Little!Mumbo, CG!Stress)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
!!!warning for gross descriptions of burns and gore, plus crying/little meltdown!!!

Setting: Hermitcraft Server, No Specific Season
Summary: After a redstone machine blows up in his face, Mumbo has to call for his mummy.

approach this with caution if ur a little squeamish or if ur small right now pls

ty :>

dksnsjak trying to write stress right but i don't know how,,,idk why-

if anyone could recommend a video or two to reference for her i'd appreciate it!! :D

also yes I hc Mumbo as autistic with a hyperfixation on redstone, what of it?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
A few things contributed to the explosion.

The first was the string hanging from Mumbo's sleeve; he might've rolled them up, but that didn't stop it from getting stuck. The other was that Mumbo was just really, really tired. He's been working on this item sorter for the 11th hour so far, and- had he eaten? He honestly wasn't sure, he'd been too focused on putting down bits of redstone dust and ice to notice. Although, his stomach did kinda hurt...

But he wanted to keep working, damnit, so he would.

And, as mentioned before, it goes wrong.

His ears are ringing, dark spots in his eyes, and all he wants sitting on the ground in pain is his mummy. The cold communicator against his fingers is burning, so much so that he can barely take it. Mumbo flaps his hands, whining; everything felt bad. The floor is sticky and he hears too much and too little and it's all just bad.

He nearly screams having to hit the "Call" button, but it's (semi) worth it when Stress picks up. "Hey Mumbo," she greets him cheerily, "What's up?"

"M-Mummy-" he chokes out, not managing much else before sobbing softly.

"Hey, it's okay, pumpkin," Stress shushes him, a slight rustling coming from her end as she continues to soothe the distressed little. "Mummy's on her way, it'll be okay, honey." She stays on the line the whole way there, thankfully skilled enough in flying that she doesn't crash. She lands into a sprint, dropping to Mumbo's side. "Hey, sprout, mummy's here, it's alright."

She tries to keep it out of her voice, but Stress is nervous; Mumbo's skin is a almost sizzling, redstone burns marring the side of his head. The only reason he hadn't felt it is that redstone deteriorates the nerves when it overheats and comes into contact with the skin. So..not great.

Thank X she keeps healing potions on her, because she's nearly sick from the smell of burnt flesh in the air, the sight of bubbling, peeling red skin on her poor baby's face. It's hard to get it into him - what with the still finishing meltdown and all - but it only keeps up for a few more minutes. Stress digs through his bag and puts his noise-cancelling headphones over his ears, wincing as it shifts the destroyed skin under them. She's thankful that Mumbo is still numb to the pain, because even just the sight nearly has her gagging.

"Nuuu," the little whines when she presents the potion to him, perhaps louder than he meant with the headphones on. "Not wan' it!"

"Please, baby?" Stress pleads, knowing he can't hear her but not rightly caring; she's desperate, at this point.

She uncaps the bottle, and Mumbo tentatively leans forward and sniffs it. It smells a bit like strawberries, and the little hesitantly nods; he likes strawberries, right? So, he lets Stress tip the bottle back and let the medicine run down his throat, recoiling at the almost burning feeling in his tummy.

Lifting the headphones off gently, the brunet murmurs, "Can I pick you up, pumpkin?" Mumbo whimpers and nods, his head suddenly very heavy and hurting. "Sleep, sprout," Stress whispers sweetly, "Mummy will be here when you wake up, I promise."

"O-Oki..wub- wub 'ou."

"Love you too, my little bean."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
ok but why is mumbo h/c so fucking addicting

why do i enjoy hurting this man so much- am i a psychopath? i might be honestly

(685 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>