Podcast Mishaps (Little!Schlatt, CG!Charlie and Ted) (REQUEST)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
!warning for a lil anxiety n bad words!

Setting: IRL
Summary: Schlatt seems a bit shy during a podcast recording, so Ted and Charlie decide to investigate.

ndjsnsn i love little schlatt he's so cute
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Charlie and Ted could tell something was up with their friend. Schlatt has been spacey, clicking buttons on his fidget toy absentmindedly and nibbling on his lip. Every time they call his name he perks up like a puppy, eyes shining with curiosity as to why his name is being said. Eventually, Ted gets impatient and faces the issue head-on.

"What the hell is up with you, Schlatt?" He asks pointedly, frowning when he gets that innocent wide-eyed look. "You've been acting weird all day, what's your problem man?"

At first, Schlatt doesn't respond, instead just looking at the floor. Charlie figures Ted was just a bit too harsh, so he softens up the question and asks it again. "Are you okay, Schlatt?"

"'M oki," Schlatt lisps, gently chewing on his thumb. Charlie hesitantly nods, then messages Ted privately.

Slimey_Boy: turn off your camera

MilkMan: why??

Slimey_Boy: there's something wrong with schlatt, and i think i know what

Slimey_Boy: but idk yet

MilkMan: whtvr you say

Of course, Schlatt had no idea about this interaction, instead content to sit in his own little bubble and search for something, seemingly off-screen. When he sits back up, he's holding a small sheep plushie in his lap that has seen much better days - the poor thing is nearly torn in several places and missing an eye, wool stained a cream color with time. Despite this, Schlatt treats it like the most precious thing on earth. This nearly seals the deal for Charlie, but he decides to ask a few questions before he decides anything.

"Hey Schlatt?" He calls softly, smiling when the (obviously regressed) brunet perks up. "How old are you feeling, bud?" Ted's eyebrows scrunch, clearly confused, but Charlie ignores him.

"U-Um..I's twee, I fink," he mumbles counting on his fingers and flickering between three and two. When he can't decide, Schlatt whines, frustrated.

Charlie coos. "Aw, it's okay if you don't know buddy," he tells him, "I bet we were boring you with all our grown-up talk, huh?"

Schlatt blushes, but nods and pulls his sheep closer to his chest. Ted stares for a few moment longer before it really clicks; oh, this isn't a bit.

"Wait, he thinks he's a kid right now?" He asks skeptically, getting a light glare from Charlie but a bright nod from Schlatt.

"Yes, and it's healthy for him so don't do anything to ruin that."

"Mhm! An'- An' dis Teddy, 's mai s'eep!" Schlatt exclaims, holding the tattered plush for them to see.

"But it's a sheep, not a bear," Ted deadpans, a bit surprised when Schlatt giggles at his response. "What's so funny? It's true."

"Know dat, bu' names Teddy fow you," the little says softly, a shy blush spreading across his cheeks. Then he gets distracted by his cat jumping onto the desk and completely forgets why his face is all warm and pink in the first place.

Charlie nearly laughs out loud at how easily he gets distracted, but stops himself in favor of reeling Schlatt - and Schlatt's attention - back in. "Well, that's very sweet of you bud. Right, Ted?" He asks (a bit aggressively, Ted thinks), still sweet enough to pass in front of the regressed brunet.

"Yeah, it's, uh- nice," Ted mumbles, although his own attention span is a bit jilted. His eyes are entirely focused on Schlatt, who's own attention is on Jambo.

The small cat is sat on the brunet's chest, and every time Schlatt gently touches his nose, Jambo delicately taps his nose back. The two went back and forth like this for a minute or so, although it ends soon with the tabby nuzzling against Schlatt's jaw. Schlatt buries his nose in Jambo's soft fur, eyelids fluttering.

And it confused Ted, if he had to be honest; he'd never seen his friend be so...soft, naïve and sweet like only children and littles have the capacity of being. But he could see how happy Schlatt seemed, too. Light and unbothered, not having to be stressed about anything at all.

And Ted wasn't about to ruin that, either.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
@qu4ckcultur3 i hope this was good for u!! i tried really hard 😓

i have one more slot open for requests, so if any one wants it you can leave it here!

(756 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>