Out in the Rain (Little!Jack, CG!Eret)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
!warning for sick n sad :((!

Setting: IRL Minecraft
Summary: Eret was minding their own business when a knock hit their door.

i love Jack sm it's a problem at this point lol

btw i'm going to use they/them for eret, just so i don't confuse myself. sorry! (>~<)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The lamp glowed with a soft light, bathing Eret and their study in a yellowish glow. Raindrops hit the window in a tittering pattern, the wind shaking the trees and brushing leaves by. They flipped through a book idly when what seemed to be a knock hit their door - but that couldn't be right. It was much too stormy for anyone to be outside, especially at such a late hour. Another, weaker knock echoed through the house, so Eret quickly got up to let in the poor soul stuck outside.

"Jack? What are you doing outside in this weather?" they fussed, pulling the trembling boy inside and checking him over worriedly.

"N-Niki- s-she do-on' c-cawe 'bout-t m-me no- no m-mowe," Jack choked out through his quivering lips, which were tinged a slight blue.

He was so drenched that Eret couldn't tell where the rain ended and the tears began, as he was certainly crying; his body shook with sobs and his eyes were glossed over. Jack's skin was pale - well, paler than normal - but his nose and cheeks were flush, and he sneezed quietly as Eret looked over him for injuries. After a minute or two, they sighed.

"Well, this clothes are definitely too soaked for you to stay in them," they declared, grabbing one of Jack's cold hands and leading him down the hall towards the bedroom. "We don't want you getting sick, do we darling?"

"Nu-uh, don' wan' be sickie!" Jack cried and then coughed weakly, whining. "I don' feel goods, Mama."

"Aw, I'm sorry, baby doll," Eret apologized, pulling off Jack's soaked clothes as they spoke. "Mama will take care of you, don't worry Jackie."

They soon had him in fuzzy red pajama pants and a blue shirt that was definitely much too large for his skinny frame, but he didn't seem to be complaining. In fact, Jack wasn't saying much of anything, instead chewing on the collar of that shirt, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. Eret tapped his forehead lightly, grabbing a tissue from the nightstand box and handing him that instead.

"That's icky, baby," they scolded gently, picking up Jack and his tissue and bouncing him on their hip. The little leaned against them heavily, eyes fluttering. "Do you want to sleep?"

"Mm...pwease," Jack muttered softly, sneezing quietly but less violently than he had. Eret smiled, and they lay with him in the large bed, spooned around him. "Ni ni, Mama."

"Goodnight, my little prince," Eret responded, kissing the top of Jack's head. "Sleep well."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
DNWKWKWK JACK IS SO PRECIOUS

like seriously,,,i actually love him sm,,,

next is little fundy and, something new, 5up! plus cgs hafu and eret! pog! :D

(510 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>