Inconvenient Nightmares (Little!Charlie, CG!Wilbur)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
!warning for crying!

Setting: IRL
Summary: Right in the middle of trying to blow up L'Manburg, Wilbur gets a call from his distressed little.

I actually already had this written before the book even existed, so it might be a little not good because i was only writing it for myself

but oh well
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The first time his phone rang, Wilbur ignored it; he was kind of busy blowing up a country. Phil was in front of him, fireworks went off outside, the whole pie. So, when his phone began to buzz, Wilbur declined without even reading the name so no one would hear it.

Then it rang again.

And again.

And again.

After three rounds of getting a call and then declining, Wilbur finally just sucked it up and excused himself for a moment, leaving Phil to entertain his chat. Finally reading the contact name - 'Charlie<3' - the Brit swore under his breath. I should've answered the first time. As soon as he picked up, Wilbur swallowed hard; the voice on the other side of the line could barely even form words, mostly harsh sobbing and whimpering. Worry washed over Wilbur in waves, and he knit his eyebrows.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked, wincing when Charlie gave a particularly heart-wrenching cry.

"W-Wi-il- ha-a-ad ba-ad d-dwe-eam!"

Oh, I see.

"Aw, baby, it'll be okay," Wilbur cooed, heart squeezing as Charlie continued to cry softly. "Can you take a big breath for me, Charlie?"

The little tried to do as he asked, but choked on his sobs and dissolved into more tears. Wilbur just encouraged him to breathe, patient as could be. After a few more minutes of this, Charlie was finally taking shuddering but clear breaths. The Brit smiled; "There you go, love. Everything's okay, Wilby's still here."

"T'ank 'ou for helpin'," Charlie slurred slightly, muffled words a sign that he'd put a soother in his mouth. That made Wilbur smile; his baby was so cute.

"You're welcome, love. Do you think you could go back to sleep for me?" He suggested gently. Charlie yawned a bit before responding.

"Otay, Papa. Ni ni!"

"Goodnight, baby."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
yay for soft endings!!

sorry it's short, i didn't know how to make it longer :/

again, next chapter should be longer, although it is little Charlie again :3

(393 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>